Excited about the CO visit

by StarTrekAngel 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

During the many years of being a JW, I could never really bring myself to be exited about the CO's visit. This has been an issue that always kept me wondering back to religions. Why could not feel the same happiness that made everyone around me cry during the sunday service? Why could I not bring myself to go to others and tell them... exciting time that we have this coming up this month. The CO is coming, are you ready to be uplifted?

Well I can say that for the first time in my life, I am excited about the visit. Specially when I put the titles of the talks he will give in perspective with some of the comments brought forward here. (like the CO saying that soon of way of worship will be changed.)

The titles are as follows

1- See that you are not frightened - (alleging to Mathew 24:6)

2- The scene of this world is changing

3- something else about survival that I can not remember.

We'll see what happens

• cappytan
    cappytan
    I have the privilege of missing our CO visit coming up. Vacation!
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Well, that's interesting. The titles of the talks are different from the ones I just heard. I wonder how much freedom the circuit overseer is given when deciding which talks to give?

DD

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    He is given no lattitude. The outlines are assigned by the branch. The only leeway he had is local needs. It may different in another country however or possibly maybe one of you is hearing the "A" talks and one the "B" talks (one is given the first six months vist the other is given during the second six month visit)
  • cappytan
    cappytan

StarTrekAngel: Is this the first CO visit since September for you, or the second?

EDIT: _Morpheus was thinking what I was thinking.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Ugh, the CO visit. Glad I no longer have to deal with any of that in any way.
  • Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

1: I am not frightened (so I guess I dont need that one)

2: The scene may be changing but the talk is the same (so I dont need that one)

3: The only way I would attend the third one on survival is if Bear Grylls was giving the talk, otherwise (I dont need that one either)

• suavojr
    suavojr
    DD said:
    Well, that's interesting. The titles of the talks are different from the ones I just heard. I wonder how much freedom the circuit overseer is given when deciding which talks to give?
    Morpheus said:
    He is given no lattitude. The outlines are assigned by the branch. The only leeway he had is local needs. It may different in another country however or possibly maybe one of you is hearing the "A" talks and one the "B" talks (one is given the first six months vist the other is given during the second six month visit)

I guess that explains why at this month's CO visit he sure did not talk about the above mentioned talks. I will see if this changes next time he comes around.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I remember the DO (not CO) giving the same identical talk with the same identical last words several years apart in different congregations. His ending was:

"And the society has information that the nations are preparing to atack us."

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I always hated the CO visit. Those extra meetings were a real downer. I have been around long enough to remember all the additional meetings. The one I always hated was the talk after the WT study. Do they still have that? I still remember a few very insulting COs who discounted the efforts of the publishers.

As an elder, I hated the feeling that we were under inspection.

So, I miss none of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit