just found this site today

by TopDog 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Hey top dog- Welcome You are a jump right in there kind of person and I like that. So, you will find that once you start reading you will think about a lot of things you never thought about and some things you wish you had not thought about. But it is all good. There are so many viewpoints and so many experiences and SO many Canadians. So there are a lot of really nice people up near you that get together and whoop it up once in a while. As with any group there are good ones and there are bad ones. I hope you stay around and enjoy our company a bit. It should be great getting to know you.

cheers,

Sparkplug

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>i just like to think that i'm still a good person, even tho i'm not a witness anymore

I'd like to think that, too! ;-)

In fact, I'd like to think people are judged (if they're judged at all) by what they do and what sort of life they encourage in other people, rather than what beliefs they hold.

Letting go of the guilt is an amazing feeling. I hope you are able to do that at some point.

Welcome to JWD!

Dave

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

Welcome TopDog.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    still do believe in creation, not evolution and i'd like to think that there will be a resurrection and that i haven't been so bad in my life that i will see the people that were close to me that have passed away again.

Thanks for the reply. It sounds like your belief structure is balanced and healthy. The things you believe in are what the majority of people believe in. Though people may disagree over the length of the creative days, and how much involvement God had in creation, it is still common to believe in a God as the source of creation.

The resurrection hope is universal amongst religions. The major difference with JWs is they think the resurrection is going to be onto earth, whereas most believe it is going to be in heaven. The Bible speaks consistently that the future resurrection will be to heaven, and not once does it say it will be on earth. Personally I do not think it matters where the resurrection will be. Whether onto earth or in heaven, you can take comfort from the hope that you will see your loved ones again in the future.

• crazyblondeb
  • codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome

• Nellie
    Nellie

Welcome TopDog

You do realize you swallowed the blue pill don't you? This site is addictive in the beginning - Enjoy the ride!

• Cellist
    Cellist

Welcome to the board!

Cellist

• hubert
    hubert
    i was never df'd and never da'd myself officially, i just stopped going.

This is probably why most of your jw family still speak to you. Once you are announced on the platform that "Topdog" is no longer a Jehovah Witness", that could all change. So, better keep it the way it is. Don't make waves with them, you may lose your family in the process. Stick around and learn how to "keep the fade".

Welcome to the forum.

A good book to read is "Crisis of Conscience", by Ray Franz, ex-Governing Body member. This book will remove all the guilt you still feel.

Hubert

• mouthy
    mouthy

i was never df'd and never da'd myself officially, i just stopped going.

WELCOME

Thats what happened to Jean Eason.She just stopped going & after many years they came & D/F her Read her Book "A Jehovahs Witness Finds the Truth"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit