It's Over Johnny....The Demise of Jehovah's Witnesses

by ctrwtf 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Splash - "II don't think there was ever a cash flow problem, I think there was a forecasted cash flow problem, and they mitigated it."

Or, more accurately, acted to mitigate it.

Whether or not that action has actually succeeded is yet to be seen, IMO.

TheListener - "If they invest the capital that was generated with building sales and raiding the local KHs they should be set financially for a long time."

I'd suggest that it has, at the very least, give them enough fortitude to steer the Org further into fringe territory, thus giving further incentive for the fakers, faders, and fence-sitters to finally f**k off.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I think the wts will still be around after we are all long gone. It will be different, but it will still be here.

Why are there comments that indicate the printing levels are going down? The circulation of both magazines is higher than ever and rapidly increasing each year. During 2014 there were 1.4 billion copies printed.

There are between 80-100 million or more books and bibles being printed each year along with an increasing number of tracts and brochures.

The society will keep changing, but it will not be disappearing during my lifetime.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

MAGNUM: JWdom is not what it used to be. It sold out. JWs and JWdom itself used to be bold, almost confrontational. Now, they run from not only arguments, but even questions. The quality/caliber of the individual JW is much lower than it was a few decades ago. The literature is dumbed down. The preaching is puny (if it can even be called "preaching").

I used to really look up to the GB and want them to go on TV and debate religious leaders and expose them. Now, I think JWs should keep the GB boys locked in the back bedroom where they can't embarrass anybody.

GREAT SUMMARY, MAGNUM!

It's not that the days of the WTS/JWs are over. THE DAYS OF JWs AS WE KNEW THEM or AS THEY ONCE WERE -- ARE INDEED OVER!!

The quality of current JWs??? Embarrassing! Long before my fade, it got to where I was embarrassed to admit that I was a JW.

Doc

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Yup, Magnum nailed it.

Outlaw also once said something I never forgot: "...they used to be Watchtower warriors... today's JWs are soft..." (paraphrasing, but that's the gist).

• factfinder
    factfinder

I was able to defend my beliefs from the bible when I used to go door to door back in the 70's/and 80's.

I agree that now the current witnesses cannot defend their beliefs nor explain them if they even believe them.

With the overlapping generation crap which has no scriptural support the current witnesses will never be able to explain or defend it.

Yes, the quality of jws is much lower than when we were active witnesses.

And the new gb2.0 are nothing like the original gb.

It is a different religion now than it was when we were witnesses and no doubt will continue to change. The articles in the mags are way too simplified.

I agree, the witnesses, as we knew them are over.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit