It's Over Johnny....The Demise of Jehovah's Witnesses

by ctrwtf 44 Replies latest jw friends

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

I agree with a few others' observations, that apathy is a major problem within the ranks of JW's. It appears apathy is affecting C.O.'s, elders, pioneers,etc; people in the "forefront". (A jw verbiage term)

The recent cash grab from the congregations was a first of its kind. The congregations cash account and how the congregations funded maintenance, repair and replacement, etc has always been the "congregations" responsibility. The individuals' and the congregations' donations have been voluntary, not demanded or outright taken. My wife's family, who are currently active, were talking about the repeated letters from WTBTS asking for money. The family had asked, "Do you think they (WTBTS) are having financial problems?" So it is a matter of discussion just from WT's constant prodding.

Leaving Brooklyn? I think that the WTBTS had a presence in New York City that was noteworthy with the WATCHTOWER sign with time and temperature to even be mentioned on local tours to people from around the globe. That recognition is being given up for JW.org?

I agree that there is a retreat, on many fronts; basically a social withdrawal or social isolation. It would seem that there is a calculated "winding down" of the organization, as if "they" are planning on going out of business, while out of the other side of their mouths "Jehovah is speeding things up".

I have commented before that it seems the WTBTS is "cutting tail" and running away from the "light bearers" they used to be, having a quick fix answer for everything. As Matthew 5:15 says, "No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house..16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."

What WTBTS will emerge as is yet to be seen, but the glory days are over for the time being.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Reflectively the Watchtower Corporation built itself up from pretentious maligning doctrines which were devised to be commercially appealing to attract attention to its published goods., right back to the day it was first Incorporated back in the 1884

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

With terrorism the way it is maybe it's a wise decision to move out of the epicenter of what many experts think is the target for a future terrorist attack

Leave it to Jehovah to promise to not let any harm come to his earthly organization, but he couldn't protect them from an underwear bomber. I wonder if Jehovah is still scared of chariots with iron wheels. LOL. Those Bronze Age gods are so 4000 years ago!

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98
    marked
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Yeah I agree that the selling off of so much is market strategy but feel that these cut backs are indicative of serious cash flow problems which can spell death for a corporation. Wishful thinking makes me incine to feel the end is near for the WT corporation but being as objective as possible they may survive for another 50 years or so but no longer seeing that we are in the information age and they are losing members to higher education says it all in my mind that this scam can't go on any longer than that and is doomed to the trash heap.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Not that I'm against the demise of the WTS. but ......

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Their lack of relevancy is their undoing. Before 1995 it was all about the new world coming before this generation passes away. It kept people tense and doing. Even with this hanging over every ones heads a lot of kids left, so did a lot of adults. Now they still try to scare people but with what? Telling people the end is near doesn't do it as well as the end is near and here is all this stuff from the books of Daniel and Revelations to back up or proclamation.

I don't think the kids take it as seriously as I did, so how do they expect to keep any young ones. As for Newbies these are just stupid people and their will always be stupid ones that will fall for any con.

• Garrett
    Garrett

Would you like to know why it won't be going anywhere any time soon?

Right here - "From 1966 to 1975 the Watchtower regularly implied that Armageddon would arrive in 1975. However, ask a Jehovah's Witnesses about this date and they will invariably deny there ever being such statements or that the Watchtower assigned any great importance to 1975. With this in mind it is enlightening to read the following quotes showing exactly what the Watchtower said. "

That right there gave everyone a good reason to leave the organization. Did they? No. The most valuable asset to the organization are the people and they have built a almost fail-proof system on keeping that asset.

Why do you think they stress going to EVERY meeting?

What about 10 hours of service a an average? To get that 10 hours you have to be out at least every Saturday.

Studying for meetings beforehand? I mean, 95% of the stuff in those magazine as so simple to comprehend and reply to that there is practically no reason to study it before hand.

Not to associate with "worldly people"? Why? So that they don't get idea put into their mind that contradict the WT.

Shun DFed DAed and be careful of your association with inactive ones? Because if you hang out with us long enough, you'll see the truth about the org. The brain can only handle so much logic before it realizes there is a problem somewhere.

All of these things are put in place so that no matter what happens, a witness will know that the org foretold it and will know how to respond.

I could keep going, but you get my point. The org has such a strong grasp on the minds of the "strong" that they will never sway in their beliefs.

• Splash
    Splash

I don't think there was ever a cash flow problem, I think there was a forecasted cash flow problem, and they mitigated it.

The corporate accounting managers would have identified the downward trend long ago, flagged it up to the board of directors who in turn would look at ways to stem losses and increase income.

Here we are a number of years later, seeing all these changes being implemented.

• TheListener
    TheListener

If they invest the capital that was generated with building sales and raiding the local KHs they should be set financially for a long time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit