if he knows all

by abuttercup 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dansk
    Dansk
    they say Jehovah is the begining and the end, and that he can read every heart. if so, did he not know Eve would eat the fruit and then Adam would follow? Did he not know Satan would try to pull his weight? If he knew the probable future, why would he sacrifice so many innocent people when he could have just killed Satan?

Here's the whole crux of the matter. THEY SAY. Who are they? Originally they were a bunch of superstitious Jewish zealots wanting a unification focus so they invented YHWH. Then, the early Christian fathers came along, added their own superstitions and, voila, we have a book of fables handed down the generations - with millions suffering in the process.

Ian

• lowden
    lowden

Here's the whole crux of the matter. THEY SAY. Who are they? Originally they were a bunch of superstitious Jewish zealots wanting a unification focus so they invented YHWH. Then, the early Christian fathers came along, added their own superstitions and, voila, we have a book of fables handed down the generations - with millions suffering in the process.

The phrase 'in a nutshell' comes to mind.

Peace

Lowden

• kid-A
    kid-A

"Because in the world where such rock sexist can exist God who is contradictionary!"

Wow.....I'm still trying to figure out what a "rock sexist" is and how it relates to original sin! LOL....

Hey, whats a "contradictionary" ? A book of "antonyms" or a dictionary written by left-wing Nicaraguan rebels? LOL....

• XU
    XU

ha ha i think it's "rocks exist". I was just being a smartass. That was a question we used to say when we were oh so funny dub kids.

• buriram
    buriram

After all these years I still cant get my head around it , HOW CAN PERFECT PEOPLE SIN? The whole Adam/ Eve story to me me is ludicrous......

As some one once posted : Its not if you eat from the Tree of Knowledge but when !

• lowden
    lowden
    Hey, whats a "contradictionary" ? A book of "antonyms" or a dictionary written by left-wing Nicaraguan rebels?

Yep, that's funny...and clever!

You should write lad.

Peace

Lowden

• kid-A
    kid-A

"You should write lad."

LOL....I dont really need to, Shazard has been supplying me with all my material, free of charge!

• bebu
    bebu

Adam/Eve or not, I think it still boils down to the same question: why would God create mankind if there were the potential for sin?

I think it must be win/win for God in some way. For if man never sinned, then all would be well, end of story. But if they did sin, then God could produce a situation that would make sin just a step to not just a 'better world (paradise)', but a result that would go beyond the 'good' we know on earth.

IMO

bebu

• Kudra
    Kudra

I would rather have a boyfriend who had the free will to choose to be with me. Relationships mean more that way.

And, as I am god-like in my actions after many years of following along at the kingdom hall, I would KILL HIM if he decided to leave me.

haha. just pointing out that if a god made people, it would be good for them to have free will- buuut, that whole destroying cause of disobedience is a crock.

-K

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    For if man never sinned, then all would be well, end of story.

Or, rather, no story at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit