if he knows all

by abuttercup 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bebu
    bebu
    For if man never sinned, then all would be well, end of story.
    Or, rather, no story at all.

Hmmm. Sort of. Depending on what we mean by 'story' or who would tell it, I suppose. (BTW Narkissos, have you ever read the sci-fi novel Perelandra? A good "what if" look at A&E, once removed.) bebu

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Hi bebu,

No I didn't read it but I just read a summary (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perelandra). Interesting.

Of all C.S. Lewis certainly knew that there was no story without villains, threats, dangers, casualties, lost battles, suspense, and this one seems to be no exception -- actually it presupposes the actual Christian story of sin and redemption on Earth and transposes it on Perelandra, with a slightly different outcome (a single combat sparing Venus the woes of history).

Thanks for the tip.

• raylo
    raylo

this is sooooo off topic

but a nutty friend of mine said that maybe Eve was curious about the fruit from the tree because she thought it could be better than sex with Adam ....maybe that's why they'd had no kids yet.

as I said..it was a nutty friend. haha

anyway the whole story is flawed.

and who would seriously sentence all of mankind to death and make them eternally sinful just because somebody ate fruit from a tree? Imperfect parents certainly don't sentence their child and their potential offspring to death for eating that lollypop they were told not to eat.

blah. But it's one darn interesting fable/mother goose story ain't it?

Raylo

• Better
    Better

What is this website about? OMG.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit