Hello/Goodbye (I Don't Know Why I Say Hello/I Say Goodbye) - What Gives?

by BizzyBee 27 Replies latest jw friends

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Maybe I should post a goodbye thread every time I post. If you look at my posting history, you'll see gaps of up to 5 or 6 months in places, but I have yet to say "goodbye", and no one ever notices when I disappear. I have been more regular of late, and will probably be on here for a week or two, but my gf is the big poster from this pc, 4000+ posts in just over a year, and I just get on when she's out.

• Dansk
    Dansk

KK:

I left for a while and no bugger noticed!!!

Well I noticed! I thought there was a crack in my computer screen and then it disappeared - but it returned again. I realised it was your cleavage!

Regarding the goodbyes, LT did a good thread on them.

Ian

• JH
    JH

The summer said good bye, but it will come back.

Some posters seasons are shorter than others, so I'm just glad to see their sunshine come back.

• juni
    juni

Hi BizzyBee!

Everyone is different. People have formed friendships here and is their way to say I'll be gone for awhile so don't worry. Easier then sending out a lot of PMs.

It really doesn't bother me. I have noticed some say they're gone for good or will be gone temporarily and then they post soon after. Perhaps something changed and they still are able to post.

Who knows. Maybe we're all so irresistable?

Juni

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I used to feel bad when some said goodbye, then it made me cranky, now I just realize it is part of the process. I think some need to feel like they have moved on, and don't want to give the WT any more space in their head.

• hambeak
    hambeak

Jeff I agree with what your stated and as for Katie Kitten if you leave I'll come to the UK and kick your tale lol Yor always make me chuckle and I love you for it.

I think really this is a place where we all can heal from the damage from the borg especially for those of us raised in this controlling org. Also it is at least for me a place to meet and talk with people that can understand what one has been through, especially if you are with someone that was never really involved with that cult.

• Nowman
    Nowman

I kind have wondered too why people say "goodbye" too. This was very addicting for me at 1st, I couldn't wait to log on. Then it calmed down a bit, I did not get bored, just needed a break some times.

Nikki

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Regarding the goodbyes, LT did a good thread on them.

Yes, I remember - it was a good one. I think the issue comes up on a regular basis for newer ones.

Everyone has made some good comments on why we are here and how it helps others. Some have even apologized for saying good-bye. My point is, however, why say good-bye? Just go. I was on vacation recently for two weeks. When I returned I had one PM asking if I was OK. That was great! Like, if you are going to be missed, you will be PM'd or a thread started. If not, don't take it like an insult, just come back, in the side door, if necessary. IOW, don't take yourself so frickin' serious!OK?

DON'T TAKE YOURSELF SO DAMNED SERIOUS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit