Hello/Goodbye (I Don't Know Why I Say Hello/I Say Goodbye) - What Gives?

by BizzyBee 27 Replies latest jw friends

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Several posters (whom I will not name because it doesn't matter) have basically said good-bye lately. We all responded as usual, with genuine sentiments - how much we will miss them, etc. But, quite frankly there is something almost disparaging or critical implied toward the rest of us who choose to remain on the board by those who "move on." Like as if they are compelled to "get on with life" while the rest of us apparently, choose to "not to get on with life." Ironically, these posters are back within a few days or even hours. I don't quite get it, but, at some level, I feel emotionally manipulated by the whole process. I'm glad that they come back - but why the drama? Any thoughts?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Drama-maybe since we don't have the drama of armageddon being right around the corner-or BIG announcements, we need to have something to put a ripple on the calm sea of our lives.

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Dear Bizzy Bee:

In my particular case, I was going through
    burn out. I was writing two articles a day
    everyday including formating and designing
    them with colours and pictures. And, I felt
    that I was healed.

Truthfully, I missed the board and
    the discussions. In addition, there
    were quite a few individuals who
    emailed me to come back.

Sorry, I did not mean to mislead anyone.

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I'm glad that they come back - but why the drama? Any thoughts?

The constant message from the platform, and ethos of jwism, is typically one of histrionics - and it often sticks.

When one is a legend in their own lunchtime, they realise that lunch doesn't last very long, or alternatively they may dally and never make it back to work.

• bebu
    bebu

I guess I have missed a few of the recent goodbyes.

If people come back... I think that's A-OK! Occasionally, I think that if I knew I were going to be gone for several weeks or months I would probably want to say something just so the few folks who might notice my absence wouldn't begin to speculate about my early demise.

Hmmmm... Now I've got that Beatles tune playing round in my head.

bebu

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Who on this board hasn't disappeared from time to time? Okay, aside from Blondie, Mouthy, SF (sKally), and minimus...

• becca1
    becca1

Bizzybee: I feel the same way.

Wanderer: don't sweat the small stuff! Just post whatever pops in your head or whatever you feel you can contribute. It doesn't need to be a thesis everytime.

• gordon d
    gordon d

Hey Bizzybee,
    Here's a line from a letter that I just wrote to a new friend from this board... kinda explains my position:

When I don't think about it, the whole WTS thing doesn't bother me too much. Getting on this board has definitely awoken so many feelings that I'd rather suppress but it would be foolish to think that I've completely adjusted and it would be criminal for me to ignore the people that I care about that are still being hurt by those bast***s. As much of an independent person as I'd like to consider myself, that's a bunch of crap and this board is starting to really have an impact.

Gordon

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Leaving the organization is a roller-coaster ride. Thrilling, yet terrifying on some level too. Love/hate.

This board makes us feel back on level ground again - we think we are healed in a short time, only to see we are still raw at some level.

Prob doesn't make sense, but I think of it that way. I am always glad when those posters come back too, cause it feels like family.

Jeff

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

This is a great place to be..But you will suffer Burnout if you don`t take a break..It`s harder on the Newbies because they don`t recognize Burnout...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit