Possibly overdone topic - panda world

by XU 16 Replies latest jw friends

• XU
    XU

What did you think you would be doing in the paradise? like after all the garbage was picked up and the 2nd dead were buried? I thought I would get a house with a creek running through it and play with animals. Then I would get to know everything there was to know about how the earth worked, and learn to swim underwater without coming up for air. Maybe jumping off a cliff cuz there was no death, like in Ground Hog Day. I ran out of things to do in my mind, but I wondered what you guys had planned?

• dobbie
    dobbie

To be perfectly honest i never had any expectations of being good enough to get there.All i hoped to do was to bring all my family into it to get them through(but now i'm sort of glad they did'nt want to know!)

• daystar
    daystar

Sounds pretty much like how I imagined it. I imagined the whole cottage on a well-mown hill, overlooking a crystal blue lake, white-topped mountain on the horizon (gee, wonder where I got those, specific images...). And after the cleanup, I would finally pursue my passions. Since I would then be perfect, I would spend much of the next 1000 years studying physics and cosmology. Of course, I also assumed for food I'd just pluck fruit from any tree within reach rather than having to work the earth, so I'd have plenty of time for intense study of God's creation. Too bad I have the feeling that that very study would have me questioning God's existence.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Having been born and raised a jw It was the only reality I knew. I just figured it would be life at the meetings after we went through hell here on earth. Thank God 75 came and went.

• Sam87
    Sam87

just the usual for me i guess, build a house in some exotic part of the world, play with all the animals, eat good food, generaly just live it up.

Sam87.

• under_believer
    under_believer

When I still believed, I thought it would be a lot different than anyone thought. Since I was a child I always scoffed at the Society's paradise artwork. I believed there would still be pain, and probably regret and sadness. I believed it would be a lot of hard work, and not terribly different than the world already was, only no death or sickness or crime or strife or fighting. I kind of just pictured small town America.

• TheHypnoToad
    TheHypnoToad

It was never real enough for me to think what I would be doing. BUT I often thought about what I would want it to be like (but I couldn't put myself in the picture).

The Hypno-Toad

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

When looking at those damn pictures, I always thought it was a huge step backward (in terms of human progress)

We've come this far as imperfect beings, so I imagined that the "new system" would be something like a Paradise/Star Wars hybrid, and that the reason the art was cheesy "day at the park" style was to make it seem "normal," compared to other stuff the artists could draw, like a planet-wide city.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu
    Maybe jumping off a cliff cuz there was no death, like in Ground Hog Day.

and you wouldn't even have any pain or suffering while doing it.

I would catch up on all the back issues of the Awake and Watchtowers.

• gordon d
    gordon d

No phone, no lights, no motorcars... not a single luxury,
    Like a 1000 year assembly... with dubs from sea to sea

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit