Who has a better temperment? Rottweiller or Shih Tzu?

by kittyeatzjdubs 37 Replies latest jw friends

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    Wonder if the inbreeding thing can be affecting other breeds as well?

Yes...it can, and unfortunately does.

I'm leaving this discussion now b/c I HAVE GOT to get my work done....and I've pretty much said all wanted to say. Hopefully I've educated at least one person.

Peace to all and to all a good night!

~luv, jojo

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

what is a shih tzu.......

its a zoo with no animals

tijkmo..of the i hate dogs class

• buriram
    buriram

Quick joke, what do you get if you cross a Bulldog and a Shitzu?

A Bullshit.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Funny how the ferocity of chihuahuas has gone unnoticed till just now. When is the last time a chihuahua ripped the throat out of another dog, or killed a kid? If chihuahuas are so ferocious, why aren't they being used as guard dogs, for fighting and all that? I think somebody w an agenda is into denial and is twisting reality.

S

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

Funny how the ferocity of chihuahuas has gone unnoticed till just now. When is the last time a chihuahua ripped the throat out of another dog, or killed a kid? If chihuahuas are so ferocious, why aren't they being used as guard dogs, for fighting and all that? I think somebody w an agenda is into denial and is twisting reality.

S

An agenda? Who has an agenda? All I do is present the facts as I see them. Are you even reading my posts? Did I ever deny that there are pit bulls who attack people? No. Have I ever denied that ANY DOG who attacks a human should be put down? NO. But NO DOG should be naturally vicious towards a human. I don't give a damn if it's a chihuahua or a 100 pound pit bull. The problem for pit bull's, or any large breed for that matter, is that they are naturally going to do more damage, and they also get better ratings in the news than a chihuahua. And I can keep saying this over and over and over until I'm blue in the face...but it's not going to matter for certain people because they only want to focus on the negative. They just go by what they hear or see on the news. Why doesn't the news ever offer these stories? http://www.pbrc.net/poppysplace/heroicpitbulls.html altPopsicle

The Number 1 United States Customs Dog is an American Pit Bull Terrier named Popsicle. How did he get that name? He was found during a drug bust in a freezer where he had been left to die after being used as a bait dog for dog fighters.

http://www.pbrc.net/poppysplace/famouspitbulls.html

alt

The Pit Bull was so respected in the early 1900's that the US Military chose an image of a Pit Bull to represent our country on war posters.

Pit bull's used to be the all American dog, but they just got too popular for their own good. In the 1980's, people started exploiting them for status, illegal fighting, and for money. As a result, through inbreeding, and people's greed and stupidity, we now have the problems we're faced with today. All of a sudden, there was an influx on our society of dogs with bad temperments, mental problems, and no socialization. HUMANS did this to them...and you're going to blame the dog?

There are so many positive things that pit bulls do nowadays, and it breaks my heart the most people don't realize it, or don't acknowledge it. They're used for therapy, search and rescue, narcotics busts, so many things!

alt

But like I said before, I can't change the world. And I never set out to do so. I never even wanted to get this involved with this thread. But my heart got the best of me. I've said all I can say, and there's not much I can do about how other people feel. So I'm leaving it alone now.

~luv, jojo

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

Hey Kitty,

I don't want us to leave this thread behind with the possibility that there are hard feelings between us. So as for me at least, I want you to know that I understand where you are coming from and I do think the research that you presented is interesting. I hope that you won't hold my actual life-threatining confrontation with a rottweiler against me, and will understand why I don't like the fighting breeds.

I obviously don't know you well, seeing as how I'm still newbie status here and everything, but from what I can tell, you seem to be very kind and caring. You remind me a lot of one of my neices who loves animals (I'm basing this feeling of mine on your post content as well as your age in your profile; even your avatar). It seems to me that it would be natural and understandable for you to want to stick up for the larger breeds of dogs that most people associate with aggression. A kind of "sticking up for the underdog" kind of thing in a round about way.

Just as a side note, this very same animal-loving niece of mine had half of her face literally ripped off by a "perfectly tame" boxer that her brother had. My niece had known the dog for several years and was very familiar and friendly with it. One day though, it simply decided to attack her. She doesn't know why. Unlike most non-fighting breeds, this one did what all fighting breeds do; it didn't just bite her, it mauled her. That is one of the differences between fighting and non-fighting breeds. It kept on biting, and biting, and biting her until she could lock herself into the bathroom to get away from it.

So you see, while research is fine and appreciated, real life experience with these things is what counts. I have never in all of my years of being around dogs of all different breeds been threatend to the point of fearing for my life - except when around a breed that has been genetically programmed to fight.

I honestly hope that as you put some years behind you that you won't have to learn the lessons about dogs the hard way like my niece did.

With deep respect and hoping that we can be friends,

LDB

• restrangled
    restrangled

I'm posting without reading much....a dangerous thing to do, but here is my take.

I am a cat lover to the core. I adopted to Dobermans, One 3 and one 6 years old and police trained. They are absolute lovers in the house and to anyone who enters. They have never bitten anyone and prefer petting and attention over food.

I do not trust them in the street, even on body halters and choke chains. They want to kill any animal in sight, motorcycles or anyone on a bicycle. Never humans just other animals or noisy wheeled objects.

Yet they are the biggest lovies you would ever want to meet. My cat is the top animal and it is constant frustration for them. The 2 dogs and cat will lounge on our bed all together as long as I am there with them, but the minute I leave they are on top of that cat like there is no tomorrow.

My point being; I don't think any dog is trustworthy 24/7.

They will turn in the strangest ways as adorable and sweet as they may be in our sight.

Just MHO

r.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Kitty

We all see the facts that we are motivated to see, and disregard the rest. Maybe 'agenda' is too strong of a word. I can see how you love all dogs. It's the motivation coming from that that i was referring to. Perhaps i was too blunt. Little drummer boy said it much better.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit