What kind of perfume/cologne do you use?

by purplesofa 49 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I am one of those people who are allergic to scent. I have found products that eliminate it. My lips swell up from kissing my hubbie on the cheek after he has shaved.

But I never played the allergy card at the KH. I just avoided the people who poured it on even changing my seat if someone sat down after I had chosen my seat.

It is a real ailment, but if you notice that people who can't tolerate the KH seem to tolerate a crowded movie theater or concert.............

Blondie

• watson
    watson

I feel for those that really have a problem with scents. Have known some that really do become physically ill from them. It's a shame, and very inconvenient I'm sure. When sisters in the hall started having problems with this, noticeably about 10 years ago, I didn't have much patience for it. It seemed like it was almost fashionable to have some problem like this. But like I said, over time I could see that for most it was a "real" problem, and I became much more simpathetic.

Watson

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

Cartier's Must

Givenchy's Organza

Channel's Cocoa

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

Organza Indecence by Givenchy- bottle looks like a naked woman, love it! It has a heady oriental fragrance, it's my night time "Mama needs some TLC" choice.

Happy- my everyday scent... citrusy and fun...

• dobbie
    dobbie

I have several favorites but i especially like D&G Light Blue at the moment

I also like Davidoff Cool Water (and the cheaper alternative which is similar which is Body Shops Oceanous)

CK Be

Pleasures

Clinique Happy (in winter)

Body Shop White Musk and Moonstone if i've run out of the above!

I don't know what my husband wears cos i let him buy the avon ones or body shop when there's offers on - its not worth spending money on his cos he uses half a bottle at a time - smells like a tarts boudoir!

• zagor
  • bubble
    bubble

D&G - Light Blue (my fave)

Armani - She

Cologne - Thierry Mugler

Samsara - Guerlain

Eau Dynamisante - Clarins (which I own vast quantities of as I work for Clarins)

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Jessica McClintock

my all time favorite.

lisa

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Obsession + channel number 5

Leslie

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I use only one cologne - and very lightly, too

Pi - by Givenchy

My wife has about three that she switches between - to keep me on my toes...

Estee - by Estee Lauder

Jessica McClintock

and an expensive French perfume - that I cannot remember the name of - but we got it in Las Vegas. It has a fragrance that is a cross/mix of Jessica McClintock and Estee.

I choose the fragrances for my wife - and she does not mind. She likes what I choose - I surprised her last Christmas with a new one (Jessica McClintock) that she had not known about.

I don't like the 'powdery' perfumes and colognes... or the over-bearing ones. Light and fresh - slightly fruity - nice.

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit