District Assembly Games

by *jeremiah* 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sam87
    Sam87

does anyone remember the game where you would try to start everyone off clapping? that was the most fun, me and my mates would sit there waiting to get the very first clap in and start it off, sometimes we would clap at the most inapropriate times and everyone would clap! that kept us entertained for hours!

Sam87

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Mulan introduced a wonderful game called "Bullshit Bingo" for meeting enjoyment and I'm sure it would add a lot of excitement at assemblies.

Here's the link:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/27457/1.ashx

• dobbie
    dobbie

Me and my friend used to play 'spot the gorgeous brother' game and spent the whole time giving them marks out of ten (i was always a sucker for a man in a smart suit so my first assembly was like heaven!), after i was married i just played it in my head!

We'd also play spot the sleeping brothers game - there'd always be at least one near you snoring and it would be so funny when he'd wake up and look around and check no one had noticed!

The rest of the time we'd look out for the tartiest sisters dress competition, there were always a few contenders for that one.

The last couple i went to though i'd say i wasn't feeling well and go and listen to it in the car on the radio!Then i would'nt have to talk to any of them either.

Now i come to think of it i probably only used to actually hear about 10% of the entire assembly oops!

• Stezza
    Stezza

Hi Everyone

I have been reading (and having a good laugh) and when I saw Sam 87 I had to join. Sam I used to love doing that at Melton, and also being the last to clap was fun as well.

I have been gone for about 8 yearsand I have noticed that seems to be a bit of a magic number, I know for myself the reason I did not look for others was that I thought I was the only one who left becasue of how the kiddy fiddlers were treated and I was very torn about calling the police myself/bad witness. And I still feel bad. I also do not want to be a bad witness even thought I left, how screwed up, so I did not tell anyone.

Anyway Sam 87 and Sass-My -Frass I was an Eastern suburbs girl and my bad eighties fashion could be found at Nunawding, Bayswater and Glen Iris.

By the way folks I have learned alot form you people and at the moment I am loving Wanderer, AK Jeff and Check Your Premises.

Anyway folks time to come from behind the shadows and show myself. And for any Melbourne folk, I am planning to come home for a few weeks (Paul Keating was wrong the arse end of the world was not Australia, it is Ireland) and I would like to sneak away from my mad JW mum and meet up. I should go and register and Meet-Up and perhaps organise some eraly Christmas drinks, if my timing was better we could have all gone to the races and have a proper day out!

Ciao for now.

• jonsey
    jonsey

Warlock,

Jonsey, now that's just WRONG. Those were delicious.

Warlock

...what was wrong was what was in them...sawdust tasted better! Now the danish and Shasta combo was the best for breakfast!

MJ

• Juniper123
    Juniper123

Ah but those swiss miss vanilla pudding cups, I've tried buying them in the store and they're just not the same, the cups are square enough.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Once I picked lint from my sweater and gently placed it on the head of the person sitting in front of me. My friend and I were trying to see how many I could get on there before she'd notice. I made a big pile before the person next to her told her.

I used to always take notes in shorthand and see how many times I could call the speakers liars and idiots without laughing. No one else could read it, so I never got caught.

Memories of the Onondaga War Memorial Conventions...Good Times!

Me too. Did anyone ever put lint on your head?

• buriram
    buriram

What about who could laugh the loudest. when the speaker made a slightly funny comment??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit