I'm meeting with the elders this Saturday

by Honesty 34 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Bob - Sounds too good to pass up. Wish I was down there to make the RV with ya'.

Maybe a pocket recorder would be an interesting item to take along - put it on the table and tell 'em you want to make sure they are speaking accurately about matters you discuss.

Keep us informed. I am surprized they agreed to it - don't be surprized if you show and they don't - especially if they run it past other elders.

Jeff

• hambeak
    hambeak

I couldn't agree more with Drew as the jw's will only accept what has been written by the wts and disregard anything else.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I'm curious about the ham sandwich... When was ham banned? I ate ham many times as a JW.

The ham sandwich is for demonstrating their crazy blood doctrine. Get out a ham sandwich and say this is a red blood cell so I can't have it, right? Now, take the ham, cheese, mayo out of it and eat them one by one and say but I can have most of the components except for the membrane, the only part that carries the oxygen,right? Then ask them why can I have the components but not the oxygen, it's just the breath of life? Yes, I know at least one of them. My friend has no intentions of joining up with the JW's, he's a devout christian. They are overwhelming him with the Bible and their twist on it. He knows I am an ex-JW so he wants me to help him try to reason with them. First I've got to get them to admit that their FDS is the only channel God is using and that God is perfect and therefore his revelations are perfect if He is the one behind them since nothing He predicted ever failed to pass exactly as stated. I'm going to use the publications and ask them if they agree with what is written then I'm going to pull out one that contradicts the first one and ask them if they believe it too. There are a couple of topics like the men of sodom and Gomorrah that have so many flip flops they can't say well, we got new and that's old .

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Now I get it, good plan.

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

He who asks the questions controls the conversation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit