WOO HOOO! We handed out candy for the first time!!!

by Bumble Bee 19 Replies latest jw friends

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

lol @ jimbo!

Handing out candy is so much fun! The cute kids... the parents in the background... I wish I had been able to do that with my kids. Oh well, maybe my grandkids!

GGG

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    At least you're not handing out toothbrushes!! lol

Funny. A pediatric dentist that I used to work for would do this. Every single year. LOL

I'm envious of you with all the little trick-or-treaters.

For 18 years the kids in my old neighborhood knew that I didn't give out candy. (Sometimes I even answered the door and told them I didn't celebrate Halloween. Silly me.)

Last year was my first year ever handing out candy. I had fun - but not too many came to my door. Even had a few decorations set on my window sills.

This year I'm in a new neighborhood and I'm all ready. Lots of candy. A few more decorations. And not one single little 'Treater. I'm so disappointed.

Guess I'll be bringing all my candy to work tomorrow. I sure don't want it laying around here for long...

-Aude.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

WOO HOOO!!

I spoke too soon. I just had two separate groups come to my door. Too cute!!

First group had a 13 year old with two little ones. She introduced me to 'SpongeBob' and 'Ariel' and 'well, me!' She's lived here all her life and told me that next year I don't need to buy so much candy since there's not too many kids here. LOL.

Mothers of the next group said that while there's not too many kids around, the neighbors are always really good to the kids.

I'm glad I didn't [completely] give up...!

-Aude.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I'm glad you're having so much fun Bumble Bee. I enjoy seeing the kid's and handing out candy (which I am doing as we speak). The last couple of years I have included microwave popcorn.

Aude it is 7:50 and I am getting more kids that ever. I thought I was going have candy left over but I may run out.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

SkyKing..That is sooooo cool!..Good for you!...OUTLAW

• Calliope
    Calliope

i joined in the fun too.

i handed out fullsize chocolate / candy bars. the kids were all awestruck...

i told them

"just don't egg or toilet paper my house. do the neighbours'."

(i hate my neighbours...)

• skyking
    skyking
    Jimbo LOL you just made my day, Skyking!!!

You lie. There are not even 50 kids in your remote area. None of them are very cute. You probably went to meeting tonight!!!

I was working at the Chamber Office when all the school kids were tricking the town.

By the way are you going to the big Pot Luck Dinner tonight? We are going to vote and decide Debi's fate so be there to help her out.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

I went over to my newly "ex" JW friends and we had a BLAST with the kids. Her youngest daughter went with a group of her school friends around the neighborhood, and she was over the moon at her first time being able to be a normal kid. Alot of the parents in the neighborhood were very laid back and mellow...........even had bottles of beer in their hands............two dads had small six pack coolers with them!! LOL!

• Legolas
    Legolas

Good for you Bumble Bee!

We bought candy but no one came!

Well we live in the country...What can I say!

• parakeet
    parakeet

lovelylil: "Overall it was a good experience and nice to see how generous our nieghbors were to the kids."

That's an often overlooked aspect of Halloween. You get to see and talk to the kids and their parents in the neighborhood as well as have a little fun. Strengthening the feeling of community with our neighbors is nothing to be sniffed at, although to the JWs, getting to know your neighbors is probably pagan too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit