WOO HOOO! We handed out candy for the first time!!!

by Bumble Bee 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

The other day I asked my hubby what we were going to do this year on Halloween. He said, hide out in the basement with the lights off as usual.

I wasn't going for that this year. Today I stopped off at the store, bought some scary decorations, a spooky CD and loads of candy. We each had costumes that I got out and we dressed up.

Hubby has had so much fun scaring the bigger kids!! He's standing by the door just waiting for them to ring the bell. He's just like a kid himself.

I'm glad I took matters into my own hands and did it, otherwise I'd be sitting in a dark basement! lol

BB

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

((((Bumble Bee))))

Me too! Just a few minutes ago! To an adorable little Buzz Lightyear, as my wife went out to the meeting. I should have bought candies [smacks forehead]. If any more kids knock, they are going to have to settle for a box of raisins...I SO don't want to be "the house that gave out raisins last year."

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Aw Auld Soul,

Raisins are good - atleast I like them, even did as a kid. At least you're not handing out toothbrushes!! lol

From what I hear from other parents, cans of pop (soda for you yanks) seem to be a big thing. Maybe you have some cans around?

BB

• morty
    morty
    At least you're not handing out toothbrushes!! lol

Hey, dont laugh at that one, a few years ago, I handed out Oral B (60) ....

My hubby got a hole box of them while trucking ( they were headed for the dump) and I scooped them.There was over 300 in the box and I had all ready gave away abut 100 of them to friends and family ..nothing wrong with them at all...still in thier packages and brand new....I also handed out a great big huge chocolate bar along with the tooth brush though......

Parents were delighted to see such a cool thing to hand out!!! Kids were not to bothered by it...

• Ex-Jo Ho
    Ex-Jo Ho

Happy First Halloween to you Bumble Bee and whoever else....that's so exciting!

• restrangled
    restrangled

Hey Bumble Bee,

You just responded to my post, and I wanted to do the same.

We both are getting a thrill out of making little children happy this year.......The best fun I have had in years!

all my best.

r.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I gave out candy too while my kids went trick or treating with friends. It was fun and the little kids were soo cute in thier costumes. My hubby didn't participate but could not help smiling at the kids at the door while I gave them candy.

My daughter decided last minute to go with friends to the doors (she's 14) and both my kids really enjoyed it. They came home with HUGE bags stashed with candy, popcorn, pretzels, pencils and even play dough. My son said he can't wait to go again next year.

Overall it was a good experience and nice to see how generous our nieghbors were to the kids. Lilly

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`m happy for all of you..I will miss it this year..I love watching the kids when you give them candy...I hope the parents on nieghbouring ranchs do something for the kids..You can`t let them out here,houses are few and far between..You don`t want a mountain cat snacking on a kid...OUTLAW

• skyking
    skyking

I have posted on two differernt thread about Halloween and have stated my opinion. But I gave it some thought and handed out candy tonight as well. It was fun I have admit. I had over hundred kids come by and they were very cute.

• jimbo
    jimbo

Skyking!!!

You lie. There are not even 50 kids in your remote area. None of them are very cute. You probably went to meeting tonight!!!

jimbo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit