Quick! The Day of Jehovah Is Near (Again)

by Mary 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

The December 15th Craptower's message is coming close on the heals of the useless tract that all the Dubs have just dropped off on an unsuspecting public. The January 15th study article is called "The Great Day of Jehovah Is Near Yet Again". Naturally it parallels our time with when Jerusalem was destroyed by the Romans between 66 CE - 70 CE. Funny thing is, if you take the bible at face value, Jesus told him disciples about 'The End" 40 years before it happened. In contrast, the WTS has been predicting The End for 130 years----bit of a difference there as all the original people that were told about the earth's impending doom are long gone.

Paragraph 17 says "....Bible prophecies clearly reveal the we are living deep in the time of the end. As never before we need to stengthen our sense of urgency...."

So we're not just in the "time of the end", we're now "deep" in the time of the end. Surely this is a different message than before, right?

***w72 4/1 p.216 Do Not Beg Off, But Be Industrious Down to the End***

From our Bible study we have learned that we are living deep in the "time of the end." On every hand we find evidence to corroborate what the Bible tells us about its shortness. It is hardly the time for a Christian to beg off.

w84 11/15 p.23 "The Time Left Is Reduced"*** Much additional evidence could be presented to prove that we are deep in "the time of the end." (Daniel 12:4) But no doubt the greatest proof that we are near the end of this system is the worldwide Kingdom-preaching work being done by Jehovah’s Witnesses.

w87 3/1p.20 ‘Riding in the Cause of Truth’*** Since we are living deep in the time of the end, can we become even more ‘astir with the goodly matter’ of the Kingdom by means of magazine witnessing?

w90 12/15 p.19 Encourage One Another As the Day Draws Near*** Since we are living so deep in the time of the end, we need to be powerful and strong spiritually

w98 5/15 p.20 The Quality of Your Faith—Tested Now*** According to fulfilled Bible prophecy, we are now living deep in the time of the end. Our Bible-based expectations for a new world of righteousness are certain to become a delightful reality

***w00 5/15 p.10 Pay Attention to God’s Prophetic Word for Our Day*** . In fact, he wants all of us to know that we are deep in "the time of the end." What vital news that is for the six billion people now living on earth!

***w01 2/15 p.17 Jehovah’s Day of Judgment Is Near!*** Because we have faith in God’s prophetic word, we are convinced that we are now deep in "the time of the end." (Daniel 12:4) Jehovah’s day of judgment is near, and he will soon execute vengeance on his enemies.

***km 5/73 p.1 Serving with a Sense of Urgency!*** We are living deep in the "time of the end." The fulfillment of prophecy points unmistakably to the approaching destruction of Babylon the Great. Does this not fire us with zeal to get around our territory as often as possible? Yes, we want people to learn the truth NOW.

Can you imagine the disappointment and heartbreak from the elderly Witnesses when this time next year it becomes obvious that that stupid tract that was supposed to trigger the Great Tribulation didn't do squat???

• skyking
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Yes, even now we are hip-deep in the swirling bloody muck of Armageddon!

• willyloman
    willyloman
    So we're not just in the "time of the end", we're now "deep" in the time of the end.

You're right, Mary, and it's getting deeper by the minute!

• gordon d
    gordon d

I wonder if the WTS was foolish enough to offer prophecy regarding another date, i.e. repeat the "75" debacle, how many dubs would leave this time?

I understand the Daniel "sealing up" reference as well as the WTS "proper food/new light" defense but still can't help but think that
    if you claim to be Christian and claim that the Bible is the insipered/irrifutable word of God that the very attempt of calculating the date would make Jesus a liar. Even if the calculation is to a vague time period. Why can't they just leave it as "like a thief in the night"

Is the faithful and disceet slave rewarded for knowing when the master would return ---or--- for doing what the Master told him to do? Especially when the Master clearly stated that EVEN HE didn't know when He would return.

• TheHypnoToad
    TheHypnoToad

Thank you that made my day! "The end is so close you can touch it with you tongue!" LOL, still thinking how my grandmother said this after the convention.

Hypno-Toad

• gordon d
    gordon d

Hey HypnoToad... Don't blame your Grandma...
    After a weekend of suffering thru those freakin' assemblies, I was ready to welcome the sweet release of world destruction.

• Ticker
    Ticker

Oh yes the old "we are in the final hour" crap again. My dad called me up saying how the witnesses had called on him saying the end was so close that it surely cannot last much longer. Blah blah blah..... same crap different pile, I just have no patience for that BS any longer. Ive heard this same announcement since day 1, funny how it never ends. You'd think they would finally clue in after countless failed attempts at predicting the end that maybe they will goof up again but no all thoese rank and file keep swallowing. I pity thoese poor misguided people.

Ticker

• blondie
    blondie

As one JW said, we are living in the toenails of the image in Daniel's prophecy.

<--------------------

• zeroday
    zeroday

Can you imagine the disappointment and heartbreak from the elderly Witnesses when this time next year it becomes obvious that that stupid tract that was supposed to trigger the Great Tribulation didn't do squat???

Disappointment and heartbreak. That's reserved for normal people that can see the forest for the trees. These people live for this, this is their life. There is no turning back, vering to the right or left. They have no choice but to continue forward no matter what the future awaits them. Look at the current JW discussion boards, the end is, "SOOOOO close". Have you not read the newspapers, seen the unimaginable distress in the world. This has to be the end. As if times have been better. They hang on every news story, every world event. North Korea developed the nuclear bomb that proves the big A is here. No there is no heartbreak with them, the only eventual outcome is when they end their natural life here and then there is the ressurection. It does not end for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit