Quick! The Day of Jehovah Is Near (Again)

by Mary 21 Replies latest jw friends

• gordon d
    gordon d

Hey Mary,

I know you're gonna start your own religion soon, how 'bout calling it " The UNITED APOSTATES of AMERICA" That has a nice, familiar ring to it.

Sincerely though... Thanks for all the time and research that you put into your posts... it is very much appreciated!

• Clam
    Clam

we are living deep in the time of the end.

How much longer are these muppets going to get away with this? They should have a Dub on Star Trek.

Captains Log Star date 2341.2 - Yoeman Trembler, our non combatant ship's window cleaner has today sought permission to distribute his Watchtower tracts. These speak of "living in the time of the end". We've told him that even if his long awaited Armageddon did arrive, we would be unaffected as we are in a different galaxy. He is however most insistent on carrying out his "vital work"

• Mary
    Mary
    Blondie said: As one JW said, we are living in the toenails of the image in Daniel's prophecy

Surely we must be on the clearcoat that goes over the toe polish by now......further proof that The End is getting closer!

LMAO @ Clam! I just read the next study article called "Jehovah Will Cause Justice to be Done" (a euphamism no doubt to when he blasts all of us into the Stone Age) and the first paragraph says: "...Or you may think of an aged brother who loyally supports the congregation's field ministry activities week after week and has done so for decades. Granted, many of these faithful ones thought that by now Armageddon would have come and gone (ya, I wonder where they got that idea from ). Yet the fact that this unjust world still exists has neither undermined their confidence in Jehovah's promise nor weakened their determination to 'endure to the end.' (what choice do the poor buggers have after investing their entire life into what amounted to what should be called My Big Fat Watchtower Lie.

1914-1.gif

Hey! We're all mentioned in paragraph 2!! "....At times...we may observe the opposite. Some Witnesses shared in the ministry for years but over time their faith in Jehovah weakened and they stopped associating witht he Christian congregation." Notice how they automatically assume that anyone who stops going to the Kingdumb Hell has "lost faith in Jehovah"? For many, it's not Jehovah Himself that many have lost faith in, it's that damn religion itself.

Paragraph 5 goes on to whine that "[Christians] could become distracted by Satan's world, even to the point that they might "return tot the things behind". And indeed this has happened to some Christians. For years such ones longes for the day when Jehovah will put an end to this wicked world. However, when Armagedddon did not occur by the time they expected, they became disheartened. Their confidence in the nearness of Jehovah's day of judgement faded."

Now how totally stupid. One one hand, in the previous study, they're once again telling everyone how "near" Armageddon is, yet it the paragraph above, they whine that when nothing happens with their predictions, people somehow lose faith. Gee, ya think? If a father continuously promised his 6 year old son that he would take him fishing "soon", do you think the son would have lost faith in this "promise" by the time he's 80 years old?

How pathetic.

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

Ive been hearing this crap all my life. I stopped believing the end was near 4 or 5 years ago.

My BS overseer is STILL trying to pump it into us saying "The end is so close you can touch it" The first thing i think is... "How do you know???"

-SG

• Clam
    Clam

Funnily enough as a kid I once asked an elder if Jehovah could likely take the This Generation Will By No Means Pass Away scripture to its extreme, and that Armageddon could actually come on the day that the last person who experienced World War One was due to die. The elder chuckled and said of course not. This was circa 1973. I wonder if that elder is a fellow poster?

• gordon d
    gordon d

Damn you Clam... I CANNOT quit laughing about the star trek line..... my wife thinks I've lost it!

• XU
    XU

I tried to read the Star Date Log to my husband and I couldn't because I was laughing too hard. Have you ever noticed people that have had their spirit almost crushed to death end up being so hilarious? After some time, distance and healing of course.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

This is something my PO likes to say every so often..."We're in the last hour of the last day!" Or...

"Well, if we said armageddon was around the corner, then this is around the corner and knocking right at the door!" he said with a nervous laugh. What a racket: if you are disappointed because the end didn't come like you were promised, it's YOU who has the lack of faith...but if you sold everything and lived as if the end really were going to come tomorrow, you're UNBALANCED....

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Lands o' freakin' GOSHEN,Clam!

That was stinkin' HILARIOUS!!!

Thanks for that, even my never-a-dub Darlin' laughed at that!

Baba

• Mary
    Mary
    Captains Log Star date 2341.2 - Yoeman Trembler, our non combatant ship's window cleaner has today sought permission to distribute his Watchtower tracts. These speak of "living in the time of the end". We've told him that even if his long awaited Armageddon did arrive, we would be unaffected as we are in a different galaxy. He is however most insistent on carrying out his "vital work."

LOL.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit