Anyone from London? Help

by Wordly Andre 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I just booked a trip to London, also booked some theater tickets, but now I am looking for a good StoneHenge 1-2 day tour, any suggestions? This is not my first trip to London, but I've never been to Stonehenge and my wife really wants to go.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Why would any one want to go to the Stonehenge???? Not worth seeing in my opinion

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Two days?? Half a day is more than sufficient, including travel, unless you intend having an all-night vigil.

• TopHat
    TopHat

I've been to Stonehenge....It's a day trip from London....take a tour bus...the ride out to the South of England is more interesting than Stonehenge...

• Ticker
    Ticker

I think it would be cool to see stonehenge not so much for what is physically thier but rather for the history and heritage behind the landmark. I agree 2 days is a stretch but a 1 day trip would be worth it. It's one of thoese things you have to do once before you die.

Ticker

• mouthy
    mouthy

It's one of thoese things you have to do once before you die.

Ticker

YOU DO?????RATS I GUESS I MISSED THE BOAT

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

Stonehenge is worth a visit, we camped near there the summer before last for a weekend and went for a trek round the stones. Unfortunately the conservation nazis won't let people get up close and personal with the stones unless you go on the solstice.

You do realise that Stonehenge is not in or near London, don't you?

Edited to add: If you are travelling that way, Avebury is worth a look, it's a site with a full circle of standing stones that you can touch and has a decent pub.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Here you go:

http://www.stonehengetours.com/

if you want to go, why not, it's not a patch on Carlsbad Caverns though!

fokyc

• Clam
    Clam
    If you are travelling that way, Avebury is worth a look, it's a site with a full circle of standing stones that you can touch and has a decent pub.

True enough. When I was a kid we used to be able to go and get amongst the stones but now you can't go up and touch it. I regularly drive past Stonehenge and whatever the time or weather there always seems to be people wandering around it. I know how important it is for non Brits to visit as I have a South African relative whose ambition was to go there. Needless to say when I drove from London to take her there she was in awe.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I was at Stonehenge at Summer Solstice and it was a fantastic experience; I know on other days you will not get anywhere as close to the stones as you would on Solstice but in any event the stones are fantastic and certainly worth a look. I agree that Avebury is also a great place to visit.

Gary

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit