Whoa! My mother just called.......

by kittyeatzjdubs 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• luna2
    luna2

I'm glad it was a good call, Jojo. I hope she doesn't backtrack.

• Jez
    Jez

I truly hope that she is going to be there for you. Be careful though. It seems a pattern amongst JW mothers that they say, "Come here come here come here, get away get away get away" My mother has done this to my df'ed sister for years. When she needs an ear, she calls my sister to unload onto.

Makes all sorts of promises and 'loves her up'. My sister laps it up and then is heartbroken when my mother finds her "christian conscience" and doesn't call for a year or so.

Then, she calls again.

It is their inner struggle about the craziness of shunning pulling and pushing them towards and from us...but it is us that get hurt if they are not sincere.

My best wishes to you, just tread carefully with your heart guarded. Jez

• Woofer
    Woofer

I'm glad she called you JoJo!

I miss my mom as well . . I think I finally got used to her not being in my life but there are times when I cry because I wish she would have a relationship with me.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

That is so good.

I have been wanting to write a thread about this. I am reaing Releasing the Bonds, and the most successful way to help a person in a cult is to have a non threatening relationship with them. Keep the lines open. If you can keep in touch in a non threatening way she is breaking the rules of the cult, and so rebelling. That is working away at her mind, and everytime there is a Watchtower saying not to talk to your children she will resent the religion for it. If she ever wants to find out more she then will have a relationship where she can talk calmly to you about the religion.

• mama1119
    mama1119

Oh, I am so glad it went well!!! That should make your day

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

(((kitty)))

We all need our moms. I'm glad yours came through for you.

• Cellist
    Cellist

Jojo, That's great! I hope this is the turning point for her.

Cellist

• unique1
    unique1

Glad to hear your mom is coming around (hopefully).

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

(((((Kittyeatsjdubs))))) I know how you feel, I miss my mom sometimes too. Hang in there, you never know maybe she will come around even more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit