WTC Eight Black Boxes Dedtroyed

by Satanus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

sixofnine

True enough. History is also full of subtrafuge and deceit. But at times, it seems that good is advanced.

S

• Seeker
    Seeker

Here's why I assume some subterfuge is/will take place:

Did the government lie to us during Vietnam? Yes they did.

Did the government lie to us during the Gulf War? Yes they did.

Is the government going to lie to us during this war? Why should I assume it will be any different this time?

This is not to say that everything they say is wrong. In fact, 90 or 95% could be perfectly factual for all I know. But since the government has lied to us in the past, it would be naive to think they cannot or will not do so again. The one thing that it is hard to tell at the time, of course, is what is the 5 or 10% that is a lie? Sometimes we don't find out until 5 or 10 years have passed, and then you get some obscure article that explains the "facts" that turned out not to be so. Sometimes you find out sooner. But although I don't know what's going on yet, I'm reasonably certain that history will repeat itself and some subterfuge will happen over the coming months.

Doesn't mean I don't support my government, for I do. I just keep both eyes open while I do so.

• teejay
    teejay

Seeker,

It's simple, really. You are wasting your time with some people.

Just like you'd be wasting your time telling a hard-core dub that the Judge was a drunk. They'd never believe it if they could see the man stumbling in and smelled alcohol on his breath.

When all is said and done, there are going to be JW's believe that Dateline is full of lies inspired by the Devil himself. Likewise, there are going to be some people who will never see, no matter how clear the evidence, that no high level individual or group of individuals within various departments of the U.S. government could have in any way been partially culpable in this tragedy.

I'm just the opposite. I figure if the gb has been blatantly ass-backwards before, why have total confidence in them now? In the same way, if the U.S. government has been shown to be deceitful in the past, why can't they do it again?

That's just the way it is. It's just that simple. Some things are pretty easy to predict.

peace, and let's keep searching, want to?

tj

• Seeker
    Seeker
    and let's keep searching, want to?

Always. It's my handle, ain't it? :)

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Just hoping Teejay, that with all your powerful reading comprehension, you haven't somehow come to a conclusion that I "have total confidence in them now". Them being the govt. I just have even less confidence in conspiracy buffs who are second guessing before the dust has even settled on the offical-1st-guessing of the people who will actually be charged with doing something (rather than armchair spooking) about the whole tragedy. The bodies haven't even been recovered yet.

The simple explanation--it'll almost never fail ya.

Btw, teejay:

When all is said and done, there are going to be JW's believe that Dateline is full of lies inspired by the Devil himself. Likewise, there are going to be some people who will never see, no matter how clear the evidence, that no high level individual or group of individuals within various departments of the U.S. government could have in any way been partially culpable in this tragedy.

Nice little stretch to get in the ole "still think like a witness" dig. It is stupid 99% of the time when it is used around here, and your usage was not the exception.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I just think that even lying politicians deserve better than lying constituants making up stories to infer that they are cold blooded baby killers.

Call me fair, call me crazy, but don't call me to a geeky-conspiratorialist-"momma I think they planted a computer chip in my butt"-roundtable, 'cuz I'm outa here. You guys know where I stand- exactly where I can get the best view. Seeker, I agree pretty much with everything you said in your post two up from here.

• Satanus
    Satanus

sixofnine

Interesting. Jesus wouldn't have been any good at lower level management. He could only fit in at the second from the top. Interesting. hehe

I too don't think that alternate news people are any better than the mainstream. I just like to get it from both sides. The main stream is mainly liberal, leftist. The main news sorces are heavily jewish at the top. The alternate press leans more to the old narrow traditional US values. Maybe both influences are needed?

S

• teejay
    teejay

Six,

I think you may be taking some of this a little too personally, buddy. People are still free to discuss their views, even if you don't agree with any of it. Right?

I just have even less confidence in conspiracy buffs who are second guessing before the dust has even settled on the offical-1st-guessing of the people who will actually be charged with doing something about the whole tragedy. The bodies haven't even been recovered yet.

You're not confident in conspiracy buffs? Cool. Me neither.

Want to wait on the "official-1st-guessing. Cool. I'm waiting right along with you. In the meantime, I'm reading foreign newspapers online, ergo, beyond the control of the political and economic interests here that controls (or at least influences) OUR papers and TV networks. Call me un-American, but I don't mind getting different, even foreign, perspectives of current events, particularly when these events impact my life personally.

The simple explanation--it'll almost never fail ya.

You really believe that, Six? Cool. I don't think you'll find anyone here who has a problem with you believing that.

Nice little stretch to get in the ole "still think like a witness" dig. It is stupid 99% of the time when it is used around here, and your usage was not the exception.

Actually, I think it's a quite fitting analogy. I think there exists both JWs and Americans with views of their respective organizations that are just like I said -- unwilling or mentally incapable of seeing error or outright duplicity in their leaders. It's physiological, really. The mental patterns, the neurological pathways, that are created in our minds when we consistently think a certain way or about a certain thing are persistent, like train tracks, or ruts made by a wagon wheeel. JWs (or members of ANY organization) continue to think as they always did, until they 'unlearn' those patterns. It's true.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I just think that even lying politicians deserve better than lying constituants making up stories to infer that they are cold blooded baby killers.

Remember... you are the one who said you were old-fashion. Btw, have you seen evidence of someone "making up" stories here?

[i]Call me fair, call me crazy, but don't call me to a geeky-conspiratorialist-"momma I think they planted a computer chip in my butt"-roundtable, 'cuz I'm outa here. You guys know where I stand- exactly where I can get the best view. Seeker, I agree pretty much with everything you said in your post two up from here.[i]

Okay... we won't call you to the next conspiracy meeting. In the meantime, chill, my man. We're just talking here, is all.

peace,
    tj

• Teirce
    Teirce

www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0743201299/qid=1001250309/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_3_1/002-7508759-7222406

Online arguments/reviews regarding "Day of Deceit", the book suggesting an FDR conspiracy with the Pearl Harbor bombing.

• teejay
    teejay

Thanks, Teirce.

I thought it was ironic that the attack on NYC and the Pentagon was compared to Pearl Harbor from the outset. I believe there are several comparisons of which the average person may not be aware. Here's another link: http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/6315/pearl.html

peace,
    tj

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Our job is to give people not what they want, but what we decide they ought to have." -- Richard Salent, Former President of CBS News.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit