Jesus Coming 7 Different Ways....Is this new light?

by watson 43 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

He still has to come in three more ways in the future!
    Your thoughts?
    My mind went straight to the gutter, sorry purps

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

That's just amazing. I really think insanity is rampant in the organization.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    It was interesting to hear a governing body member relate what they are anticipating. He also said that they yet expect MILLIONS to come into the organization before the end!

Well now, if this is true; then obviously the "end" cannot be just a few months away. Millions of converts takes years to accomplish. They should have titled the District Convention: Deliverance Almost At Hand.

• sspo
    sspo

It's always exciting to hear these details directly from a member of the governing body. They have such insight and can see things much more clearly than we can
    First of all he is a lousy speaker and second it is the same stupidity being preached for the last 135 years. The problem is that the JW's worships these idiots and the Organization itself and all of us chipped in for many decades.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Those were some of the highlights. It's always exciting to hear these details directly from a member of the governing body. They have such insight and can see things much more clearly than we can

Didn't the followers of Jim Jones and David Koresh say the same things about them?

• VM44
    VM44

Has Brother Losch been known in the past for speculating and giving his own "unofficial" opinions in his talks?

--VM44

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Has Brother Losch been known in the past for speculating and giving his own "unofficial" opinions in his talks?

Actually, yes. This is a little off topic, but I think you all will find this funny. A number of years ago, Losch was speaking to the Bethel family about football (it may have been morning worship). He said that football (because of it's violent physical contact) should not be watched on television by members of the Bethel family. When he said this; the jokes started flying around Brooklyn. One of the jokes was that the NFL stands for "Not For Losch".

Members of the Bethel family got a good laugh off of the Austrian Aristocrat. Losch however, was not so amused.

• KW13
    KW13

IF this were true which i'm not sure about, then i could see this being a good way to excuse earlier predictions that were made by Russell, Rutherford and so on - saying they were speaking of different ways Christ Arrived.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

He said we need to be prepared because when Babylon the Great is destroyed there will be a lot of blood spilled. After her destruction we can also expect great economic problems. We will need to encourage one another and we will need patience during this time. Governments will take on a dictatorial stance in order to try to control the general world situation.

Ive been out of the organization since 83, I thought when babylon the great was destroyed that would be armegeddon. Then everything would be good. The governments would be destroyed at armegeddon. What was this guy smoking?
  • Mary
    Mary

We found it interesting on Sunday he spoke about Jesus coming in seven different senses. We had never heard that before. For example his first coming was in 1914 as King. His second coming was in 1917-1919 to purify the priestly class and his third was in 1918 to resurrect the anointed and so on. He still has to come in three more ways in the future!
    And, this moron can back up his ludicrous claims with....what scriptures???

BTW, LMAO @ Gordon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit