Nasty week-end weather wise

by JH 10 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Gee, this Autumn isn't the best I've seen. It's windy, rainy, cloudy, cool and a great time to stay inside today. We didn't have any indian summer this year, and not much heat even in September.

I just hope that the snow won't get here too early this year !

And they say that the earth is warming up. Maybe it is, but it doesn't show here.

Surely, some devout JW's were out saving people this morning in the FS in the rain.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Weird, I think Autumn's been milder than usual over here.

The leaves haven't even started dropping off the trees yet. It's only just turned a lot cooler and wetter this week. A late start to winter weather usually means it's going to be very cold (not as cold as Canada though!).

We don't really get much snow here any more either. Used to get 5-6 ft of snow, now it's 'major' if we get more than 1 ft!!

• jaded
    jaded

Thanks for starting this thread. I've been wanting to complain about the weather. Northeast Ohio has had a terrible autumn! This is usually my favorite time of year but it has been cold and rainy. We have a high wind warning and it is supposed to be snowing by morning. Stop sending us this weather! Keep it up north where it belongs.lol.

• mama1119
    mama1119

So far, we have had a great Autumn...it stayed warm all through September, and is just now getting rainy. I hope it doesn;t snow yet, although I hear it might tomorrow. I am not quite ready for winter, but would like a white Christmas.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

77 degrees here today (low of 54 tonight), but gearing up for cold weather by Wednesday - 66 daytime, 52 at night! Brrrrrrr.......!

• lilybird
    lilybird

I agree. Fall came early here in southern Ontario. So much rain , it seems to rain almost every Saturday, and much cooler temps than the last few years. I guess maybe things go in cycles, and we can't have great fall weather every year. Hopefully it will be a mild winter like last year, but if these weather conditions are any indication, it could be a tough cold winter. They are saying snow flurries for parts of Ontario and into Quebec for this weekend. Right now it is just pouring pouring since yesterday morning and doesn't seem to be easing up. I am happy their are some great CFL games on this weekend to watch. !!

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Here in Misery Missouri, it's miserable. I wanna go home to Texas!! It's been rainy and cold. The leaves weren't even pretty, like they usually are. It better snow enough so I can build a snowman!!

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

We had a nasty blizzard in the Denver area, blowing snow and whiteouts. What a wonderful day to be off, just watching out the windows and getting another mug of cinnamon coffee! That was Thursday. Friday, it was sunny and warmed up to 63 degrees. Ideal, really. Pretty snow, no dirty snow later on!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

It's time for all you Canadians to come down to Florida isn't it? Or do you have to stay behind and man the fort?

• JH
    JH

I'd love to go down south for a few weeks. or maybe months !!!

Oh well, it's not that bad, I'm used to having 4 or 5 nice weeks a year of nice warm weather...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit