What's Your FAVORITE Type of Music???

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

art rock genesis pink floyd marillion yes queen the irony

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Fellow Musicians,

Chamber music, in particular, piano quintets: those of Brahms, Franck, et al...absolutely ethereal..................... Many great examples several years ago at the Van Cliburn Piano Competition, in Fort Worth, Texas. It was quite revealing to see young pianists give bravura performances solo yet have difficulty getting the hang of ensemble interaction.

CoCo

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    I've seen the Stylistics a lot....Very good

I've always wanted to see them...I love them!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I listen to everything,from "Opera to Rock"..My favorite is "Good Music"..OUTLAW

• pippy
    pippy

The Tea Party ...early stuff

and jeff martins new solo albumn

if you havnt heard it yet..exile and the kingdom...

go get it ,,its awsome!!!!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I know I am a 45 year old mother of three ....but I love Metal and Alt.Rock . The last two CD's I just bought were Three Days Grace , and Stained . Love old Metallica ,Disturbed and some Korn . Husband likes Blue Grass and Blues . So can you imagine our car trips the music montage is crazy ! I'll listen to classic rock if I have to , country only if it is for a very , very short time . Depending on the mood , like when I am really stressed out I will listen to Classical . About the only thing I really detest is Rap .

• proplog2
    proplog2

Minimus:

I was born in 1945 so I came of age when Rock n Roll was just plain goofy - Charlie Brown, Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini, Car crash songs etc.

I couldn't stand listening to the stuff. At night I got clear channel WLAC out of Nashville TN. That's what I really liked. Howling Wolf, Muddy Waters, BB King, Joe Tex. I wished I was black.

As an adult I prefer straight Jazz mostly B-Bop. Like to go to the Green Mill in Chicago and catch a set or two of Willie Pickens.

Also I load up my mp3 with xm old time and contemporary gospel. Even though I don't believe in religion I feel uplifted by hearing people sing about conquering evil and relying on a higher power to pull you through adversity. People need that kind of belief to keep hanging on.

At the hall I just can't get myself to sing "From house to house - From door to door dum dum dee dum dee dumb"

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

If it ain't funky fresh, I don't get down to it.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Sir Nose:

Of course. You've got "ants in your pants"

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Sir Nose:

Of course. You've got "ants in your pants"

I've got jam in my legs, and I'm ready to spread. For how else can you capture a boogie, if you don't attack from the rear?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit