What's Your FAVORITE Type of Music???

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

'60s psychedelia, '70s guitar virtuosity, '80s synthpop, '90s grungolternative, '00s Canadian indie music (i.e. Broken Social Scene, Metric, stars, Hayden, Feist, P: Ano, Tegan & Sara, etc.)

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I gave up naming songs, and started naming types of music. I've given up on that and started naming bands:

Blue Oyster Cult
    T. Rex
    Saigon Kick
    Altaria
    Nighwish
    Was (Not Was)

Hey Genesis, if you don't have it yet, pick up Testament's "Practice What You Preach" album. Sounds like old Metallica. Absolutely fantastic album!

• return visitor
    return visitor

I like just about anything classic rock, (especially southern rock, Allman Brothers, Skynard), the Blues, Progressive Jazz, and being form New Orleans originally I love Dixieland Jazz. Pete Fountain live is unforgetable.

RV

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

I love music so I listen to all genres, but my fav is latin music. I do a mean tango & rumba. Shall we dance?

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I can't choose just one!

I must say, XM radio is a lifesaver.

Rock (a lot), R&B, Rap, Reggae, Metal, 80's, Reggaeton, jazz (modern), some country.

• daystar
    daystar

"Classic Rock", metal, new age, classic style jazz, blues, bluegrass, operatic aria, folk, goth, spanish guitar, classical, classic guitar, progressive rock, speed metal, r&b... I could go on...

• mama1119
    mama1119

I love world music, we listen to all kinds...

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I like all kinds, depending on my mood.

I like Al Green. He is doing a concert tonight in my town but I already made other plans. I like "Let's Tay Together", "Come and Take Me (Here I Am) and "Still In Love With You"

LRG

• I.Wonder
    I.Wonder

I'm a Massage Therapist so I love relaxing music. I have lot's of "New Age" stuff. I like some rap, 80's, rock (classic, alterantive, etc..) pop, and folk music. I pretty much like anything I can dance to.

What I have been listening to lately:

Tori Amos, Enya, Troika, Ah Nee Mah, Loreena Mckennit, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Blue October, Led Zepplin, Madonna, Imogen Heap, The Doors, Pearl Jam, AC/DC, Metalica, Prince, and many more!

I really don't like country music. However I do like Hank Williams, Wille Nelson, Johnny Cash, and Patsy Cline.

• daystar
    daystar

Doubtful many know this artist, but I just saw Jude live in a very small venue here in Dallas. He had a track on the City of Angels album titled "I Know" and has a song that will be played on an episode of the OC shortly.

Anyhow, it was great. We got to stand less than five feet in front of him. It was a small crowd of true fans, very intimate. I got to speak with him briefly after the show to express how much his music has touched my life, blah-blah, then we gave each other hugs and I left. Oh, and he signed my ticket stub.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit