Another Form of Torture

by truthsetsonefree 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

While watching a show on torture devices on the History Channel tonight it occured to me that disfellowshipping is really a form of psychological torture. Interestingly it has been shown that torture does not guarantee accurate information. Confessions extracted by torture are routinely thrown out in our legal system because of this. Given enough time any confession can be extracted. In the same way, many people apply for reinstatement. Watchtower uses this as proof that df'ing is right. But as with physical torture, it doesn't mean that these people have come around to Watchtower's way of thinking.

Additionally, just as the psychological effects of physical torture can remain with the victim for the rest of his/her life, many never fully recover from experiences with this particularly cruel part of dubdom. Which incidentally accounts for much of the anger expressed regarding Watchtower who have the power to stop this treatment.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Yes, it hurts, it's supposed to, and they know it, and keep doing it anyway. In most cases it doesn't achieve what it is intended to; it turns most people further away from WBTS than making them closer.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I think that the knowledge you will be facing a jc is a form of mental torture as well, especially knowing what the result of it may mean. It seems to me that their whole disciplinary process is designed on those lines, and they call it a loving provision.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Having been on many JCs I have seen first hand how much pain people go through. People, men and women, come in crying uncontrollably. Scared. Some of them get df'd anyway. A few appeal, thinking that will get them somewhere. They go through the whole thing twice. And when one does get overturned, the original JC often disagrees. That forces effectually a second appeal to the Branch. All this time they are not to be told what is going on. Sometimes elders stonewall for weeks while letters and phone calls go back and forth to the Branch Office. And then in most cases they get df'd anyway.

• headmath
    headmath

The JW can't really legally disfellowship anyone because they are afraid to put it into writing . They know any written material by them will eventually get on the net. Hell look what Ray did

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit