for those who were abused sexually or know of someone who was

by Sam87 23 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• codeblue
    codeblue

bttt

• morty
    morty
    I was raped by my grandfather, father, mother, and at least one of their friends

They are a poor excuse of mankind.........

I am sorry Chris.....

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    did it get dealt with at all? are the offenders still out there ? have they been dealt with by the law? Just one last thing too, if they didnt get dealt with by the law is it too late to try and get them charged for what they did years ago?

11-17 by a paternal uncle. No one involved were jw's. They were and still are 'good christians', though.

It got dealt with when I was in a situation that I realized I put myself into because of what he did to me. I went to seek legal advice right away, then went to the prosecutor to try to press charges against him. This happened when I was 20, a few weeks shy of my 21st b-day, and one year prior to beginning a study w/the jw's. The statute of limitations in New Jersey was/is age 20.

Some people who supported me tried to help. Two immediate witnesses (dad and brother) would not talk to the prosecutor and took verbal vengence against me for doing this. Fast forward 2 years and the charges were dropped due to lack of evidence.

He is still out there and has since remarried and has a 10 year old stepdaughter. Nice, huh. He lives in EASTON, PENNSYLVANIA, USA. He roams free and is in good standing with all of our family. I am the villian, the black sheep. I no longer communicate with my family. The bitterness has decreased, but yet to cease. I stay out of Pennsylvania for this reason. There it is.

• Sam87
    Sam87

these storys are so sad, my heart goes out to you all, and thank you for your replies, it makes me sick the way people are these days and the way people never take responsibility for what they should (elders anyone?!)

Sam87

• skyking
    skyking

My daughter was molested by a member in the congregation and we did not report it to the police at the time because we were good JW's. Yes I reported a couple of years ago the police took our statement but said they could not do anything about it because the statute of limitations had ran out. They said if another case on this person is opened then they could use it maybe.

• mzliz
    mzliz

Hi, I just have to share...........1-9 by grandfather former elder. parents found out at age 14, still let him come visit and stay with us at our HOUSE. Father was an elder, they "handled" it. Which meant nothing was done, he was DFd for 4 months. Then all the kids were allowed to go play at grandpas house.

Age 25, disfellowshipped, decided to find a lawyer and contact around 5 girls that I knew had been abused by him. seeing how the time frame was too late for me and these girls were younger they could testify in court because the b#$ was still a JW, and had never been punished. All the girls that were still JWs would not come forward because they didn't want to "drag Jehovas name through the mud".

nothing got done, but I felt a lot of closure that I tried to do something about it. he died a few years later. I was reinstated for a few years and was able to tell off my aunts who had all been molested and allowed there kids to spend time with him (and be molested). Why didnt they do anything to protect the numbers of children?? They were taught to shut down there voice, through the JWs and being victims.

Its so toxic, so sad. I am in the process of leaving one more time. I have been evading them for 2.5 years, they finally caught up to me and are harrassing me daily because i'm pregnant, 8 weeks to go, with my partners child, a great man.my family has been acting like ive been DFd this whole time so it doesnt really matter if it happens. I have so much anger towards them, but I know I can't do anything to change them and I have to let it go.

• penny2
    penny2

My heart goes out to you all. To be abused as a child and then not listened too - worse than that - silenced. That's a lot to go through.

mzliz - the injustice of it all is mindboggling. Here you and a whole lot of others were abused and nothing was done. Now you are pregnant with your partner's child - 8 weeks to go. They should be supporting you at this time instead of harrassing you. If not family, I hope you have some other compassionate people around you.

penny2

• mzliz
    mzliz

Hi Penny,

I do have support and love around me. The first time i left i was 20 and it was all about partying. I didnt establish a lot of solid connections, now my life is totally different. I'm 30, I have a group of friends who i consider family, aunts and uncles for my child. Its really amazing to me how they justify everything they do, they can't just DO anything. my shower was last weekend, my mother made up some lame excuse about work (she owns the business could have gotten it covered) yet sent a present. My sister said she wouldnt go, yet called this week saying she has something for the baby. Its all about what the others think. I appreciate the gifts, but would really love them to be there. They havent included me in anything "family for 2.5 years as soon as i stopped going to meetings.

My life is great!! I love it!! The only guilt i have is when i drink a cup of coffee while pregnant :) (midwife says its fine). I wish they could see it but they dont. thanks for your concern penny, that made my day.

Liz

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

When the WTS points their finger and claims that the world has "no natural affection' they are pointing 3 fingers back at themselves

And I truly believe the shunning policy gives some people an excuse to behave badly.

So blind they cannot see and the blind are leading the blind

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

I am so very sad and sorry for those who've posted these stories of abuse. Mine is so minor, I feel foolish to discuss it, but the shame that surrounded it made me block it out for years. When I was about 11, a cousin (whose mom had recently converted to the JWs), basically tricked me into "feeling him up." (He was not an elder, nor a Witness, in my opinion, but a teen-ager whose life was devastated by more than his mother's conversion to the JWs; I think the JWism was no help to him, though). I was mortified by his deviousness in the molestation, but kept participating because I didn't want to be perceived as stupid or unsophisticated (which I was). Afterwards, he told me never to tell anyone and that we should "pray to Jehovah for forgiveness." And lo and behold, that's just what I did. Years later, he gave me the creeps by things he said to my little girl who was about 3 or 4 then, and the memory of the experience I'd blocked out returned. I told my mom about it and that I didn't want him or his mother anywhere near my daughter. Later, the local police questioned him on suspiscion of murdering his girlfriend (who disappeared and left a very young child behind). And he was sent to prison for grand-theft auto and kidnapping, during which he kicked a small child out of a moving vehicle. I think he's in prison for a very long time, where he belongs. I know he was abused and neglected as a child, too, by his then-not JW mom; I suspect it got worse after she converted. I wish that I did not judge him, nor that I felt fear of him (for telling the truth about what happened); and I wish that he had not suffered abuse and neglect as a child. I think he could have been a totally different person, if not for that. Violent parenting is passed on from generation to generation, especially when there is a religion telling parents,"spare the rod and spoil the child." I say spare the family the rod and the religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit