New Watchtower - Who is the Antichrist?

by TheKings 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheKings
    TheKings

i admit to being curious as soon as i saw this new bit of propoganda put on the dining room table 'casually' in my view by my mother. i know i can't look at any of the magazines without being questioned why...so i took a look while i had some private time.

what a fine lot of manure... :P

they must be getting scared in Brooklyn.

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

What does it say?

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Yeh tell us!!! Who is it????

• blondie
    blondie

page 5

"The word "antichrist" applies to all who deny what the Bible says about Jesus Christ, all who oppose his Kingdom, and all who mistreat his followers. It also includes individuals, organizations, and nations that falsely claim to represent Christ or improperly ascribe to themselves the role of Messiah by presumptuously promising to achieve that which only Christ can do--bring about true peace and security."

page 4

"So in its broadest sense, the term refers to all who oppose or lyingly claim to be the Christ or his representatives."

page 5

"not a single person but is made up of many individual antichrists."

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Talk about non-specific crap!! So it's the Boogeyman basically?

Pope

• Quentin
    Quentin

They gave a definition of themselves...

• blondie
    blondie

Now put our thinking cap on.

UN

False religion (Babylon the Great)

Apostates

All earthly governments

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

How about people claiming to be able to read God's mind? Claiming to be a guest in His head?

Shouldn't anyone claiming this be prepared for INTENSE scrunity and some tough questions only God KNOWS the answer to?

What happens if they start trying to pass off their guesses as truth and get caught doing it?

I think you are right...I think they are describing themselves.....even if it is just my guess.

2,000 years ago...Jesus posed a dilemma to the authorities of His day...the way people followed Him they quickly realized they had to make a choice......They would have to kill Him or eventually follow Him....how did they choose?

That is my "guess".

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

"The word "antichrist" applies to all who deny what the Bible says about Jesus Christ, all who oppose his Kingdom, and all who mistreat his followers. It also includes individuals, organizations, and nations that falsely claim to represent Christ or improperly ascribe to themselves the role of Messiah by presumptuously promising to achieve that which only Christ can do--bring about true peace and security."

page 4

"So in its broadest sense, the term refers to all who oppose or lyingly claim to be the Christ or his representatives."

This means that every person that is not a Jehovahs witness is part of the Antichrist, as only JWs apparently understand what the bible actually says about who Jesus is.

The scripture used to justify not greeting a disfellowshipped person is 2 John. This scripture actually says not to give a greeting to the Antichrist. I wonder if they will try to extend 2 John to all disfellowshipped people AND all worldly people.

• Gill
    Gill

This is a particularly 'Silly' Watchtower!

It basically demonizes all Non JWs with its wide brush strokes of slanderous rant!

If I was still a JW, I would be embarrassed to be even presenting this stupid mag! It sounds like Southern Baptist BS just in its title!

Can you see the English being keen to read a mag on the Antichrist!

I think not, Teddy Bear!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit