On the fence (first post)

by nonamegiven 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Clam
    Clam

Welcome noname and whatever you end up doing I hope you're happy. Great posts especially Lady Liberty - I might turn that into an Anti-Tract! I also empathised with this:

But, after sitting there during a meeting, I knew I couldn't ever live that way again.

Put yourself in this position in the future. The elders by cutting you off from your loved ones have forced you back into the Kingdom Hall to once again be one of Jehovah's people. Is this how you wish to live the rest of your life? If it isn't don't waste your time.

All the best.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

can you (or anyone else) please give me some examples for # 5???

BTW, thanks for your support all, I appreciate it.

I asked my bs conductor about the August 2006 Awake...she took the awake with her when she left and never did answer my question.

Check out the second article in the Awake, I believe where it particially quotes from the World Health Organization the rest is very misleading....

Read more here, the actual article: http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs279/en/

Welcome.

lisa

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, nonamegiven. You express your dillemma very well. If you remain true to yourself, you will be permanently shunned. If you outwardly cave to the social pressure, something inside you will die. Shunning is a cruel and unusual punishment.

If you look at this time of isolation as a sort of sabbatical, a time to reflect and know who you are and what you really believe, perhaps you can find your way. Here's what worries me most:

IF I decide that I do not agree with what is being taught I can't tell anyone (wife included) that I disagree with the prophecies and that I'd like to go my seperate ways.

It's the worst thing in the world not to have your partner at your side at a time like this. Is it possible to have your wife agree at least to a weekly bible study, so that the two of you can progress together? Our very own Amazing managed to bring out his entire family with him. He did it by having a plan and with a graduated bible study that slowly introduced independent thinking.

http://www.freeminds.org/psych/exithelp.htm

Regarding question 5. Besides the misrepresentation of secular medical information, the Watchtower society consistently misquotes scientists regarding creation and evolution. Alan Feuerbacher (AlanF on the board) has spent a lot of time hunting down the sources of many of their quotes, and showing how the WTS misrepresented the scientist's views. Here's just one example:

http://corior.blogspot.com/2006/02/notes-on-francis-hitching-and.html

Consider that it is very poor scholarly form to fail to give references for your material. Without giving references, other scholars can't verify your claims. The WTBTS rarely gives their sources. Why?

• Honesty
    Honesty

Welcome, nonamegiven.

Welcome! You wrote: "At this point, my aim is to be reinstated so I can talk to my family and friends again."Dude, you can talk to anybody you want right now. They are the ones who can't talk.

Gary's right. If you feel like talking to them, TALK. I do it all the time when I see them in a public setting. Some of them give a 'FINE WITNESS' for their god, the Watchtower.

• nonamegiven
    nonamegiven

This is a terribly difficult time for me but having this forum does help. Isn't it funny that when I need human companionship most (as a help for me at this time) I am unable to get it from my "brothers"???? My whole life I have been told to not associate with worldly people lest I become infected or something. I have cultivated one good friendship with one of those ne'er-do-well worldly guys. Now he is the only person I have to turn to for support. Ironic huh? (besides this forum of course)

I mentioned not being able to talk to my wife about my dilema. I read the post about (forgot his name) studying with his family and showing them the real light but I can't see my wife EVER even considering it. She is very close-minded. After my DF announcment I was pissed off. The way the comittee meeting went and then seeing my "friends" look me in the eye then look away hurt like he!!. This hurt turned to anger. Natural I suppose. Anyway, I couldn't even vent to her. She said I could talk to her about my feelings unless it was negative against the elders, the scociety or my df situation. If I showed her the contradictions, mis-truths and lies, not only would she not agree with me, I suspect she would tell the elders I'm an apostate then I'd be screwed for sure!

I've been DF'd for about a month I think. At this time I'm still proving things out but have decided that no matter what I will "serve my time" to get reinstated so I won't have this stigma hanging over my head so my family can talk to me again. At that point I think I will do what so many others do, just drift away.

They are calling my flight to board, gotta go.

• bebu
    bebu

Hang in there, noname!

There are a lot of folks here in your situation with a believing wife. Results have been varied, and sometimes very surprising. Some of the "die-hard JW spouses" now post here too, believe it or not!! So don't write it off entirely from this point.

Looking forward to seeing you more on the board,

bebu

(never a JW fyi)

PS: That was a fabulous post, LL!! That would make an awesome tract for JWs.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    If I showed her the contradictions, mis-truths and lies, not only would she not agree with me, I suspect she would tell the elders I'm an apostate then I'd be screwed for sure!

When your wife complains about the brothers/sisters or anything having to do with the truth. Don't say a lot, but make sure you give her a forlorn look that says it all. Say a well placed thing here or there, after she has initiated the conversation. Keep it very light. And pray for you and her to see the light.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Gary Buss:

You are absolutely right. You can talk to anybody - they can't.

• garybuss
    garybuss

You wrote: ". . . I will "serve my time" to get reinstated so I won't have this stigma hanging over my head so my family can talk to me again."Here's another news flash for ya: Your family CAN talk to ya now. They choose not to. The reason my relatives don't talk to me is they are jerks. I miss having jerks talk to me.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

NoName:

but have decided that no matter what I will "serve my time" to get reinstated so I won't have this stigma hanging over my head so my family can talk to me again. At that point I think I will do what so many others do, just drift away.

Good luck to you. Be very careful - this is a tactic that the elders are becoming somewhat savvy about. Talk about the Spanish Inquisition! Hard to believe we are strategizing about preserving your right to associate with family and friends, when Jesus' original message was to "love one another!"

Welcome and I hope you return to let us know how its going.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit