Could a JW be disfellowshipped for lack of "Faith"?

by JH 17 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Lets say that a JW tells an elder that he prays and nothing happens. Then he tells the elder, that after praying so often and asking for reasonable things, I don't believe anymore that God answers prayers, because I was honest in my prayer and God didn't grant me what I wanted.

I was just wondering if an elder could see this as "lack of faith", which then could be a good reason to disfellowship someone.

• RR
    RR

I was once told that I was "spiritually" weak by an elder because I didn't comment! I left after that!

RR

• JH
    JH
    I was once told that I was "spiritually" weak

I was told by an elder in this french congregation that I was "Spirituellement malade" which means "Spiritually Sick" . This sounds worse than your spiritually weak...lol

For the elders, being spiritually sick or weak means that you miss meetings and don't participate enough.

They don't look at the fact that you may read the bible often at home or pray sincerely. If you don't follow the flock, your spiritually weak.

• under_believer
    under_believer

*** w86 4/1 pp. 30-31 Questions From Readers ***

Approved association with Jehovah's Witnesses requires accepting the entire range of the true teachings of the Bible, including those Scriptural beliefs that are unique to Jehovah's Witnesses. What do such beliefs include?

That the great issue before humankind is the rightfulness of Jehovah's sovereignty, which is why he has allowed wickedness so long. (Ezekiel 25:17) That Jesus Christ had a prehuman existence and is subordinate to his heavenly Father. (John 14:28) That there is a "faithful and discreet slave" upon earth today 'entrusted with all of Jesus' earthly interests,' which slave is associated with the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. (Matthew 24:45-47) That 1914 marked the end of the Gentile Times and the establishment of the Kingdom of God in the heavens, as well as the time for Christ's foretold presence. (Luke 21:7-24; Revelation 11:15–12:10) That only 144,000 Christians will receive the heavenly reward. (Revelation 14:1, 3) That Armageddon, referring to the battle of the great day of God the Almighty, is near. (Revelation 16:14, 16; 19:11-21) That it will be followed by Christ's Millennial Reign, which will restore an earth-wide paradise. That the first to enjoy it will be the present "great crowd" of Jesus' "other sheep."—John 10:16; Revelation 7:9-17; 21:3, 4.

So--Since one of the "entire range of true teachings of the Bible" as Witnesses see them is that God answers prayers, you could be declared a non-approved associate for not professing this believe. Being a non-approved associate could include disfellowshipping.

• RR
    RR

This was during my exodus, I had already stepped down and we moved to another congregation. I was staring out the window at the end of the meeting waiting for my wife who was chatting away with some sisters, and the P.O. Terence White came up to me "I notice that you don't comment" " I don't have much to say" I told him, to which he added, "You know lack of commenting is a sure sign of spiritual weakness." I looked at him, for what seemed forever and continued to star out the window.

RR

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

Yup, what a jerk!

I had one elder tell me (When I came to the meeting and was depressed about parent's coming divorce)

"You know, allot of times when someone is depressed it's because their hiding something"

Seriously...

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I would think if the lack of faith included not accepting wts doctrine, then you could be disfellowshipped for it. Whether you still believe the wts is God's organisation is, from what I've heard, one of the questions elders are asking those who are missing meetings theses days.

• JH
    JH
    he added, "You know lack of commenting is a sure sign of spiritual weakness."

It could also be a sign that a person is shy and hates talking in front of a group.

• bennyk
    bennyk
    "You know, allot of times when someone is depressed it's because their hiding something"

Response to the above: "You know, a lot of times when someone says something completely devoid of intelligence, it's because they're an empty-headed moron..."

• return visitor
    return visitor
    he added, "You know lack of commenting is a sure sign of spiritual weakness."
    It could also be a sign that a person is shy and hates talking in front of a group.

It could also be a sign of having nothing to say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit