Could a JW be disfellowshipped for lack of "Faith"?

by JH 17 Replies latest jw friends

• gold_morning
    gold_morning

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE WITH THEM.

At the "Witness Now for Jesus Conference" this weekend there was a testimony of a witness dying with cancer in the hopsital. The witness had a Christian nurse and before she died she accepted Christ.

The elders found out............... and disfellowshiped her two weeks AFTER she was ALREADY DEAD!! Now you tell me they have not taken the place of Christ. Wasn't our judgement before the Lord when we die. There specialty is in casting stones...dead or alive.

You can take every single scripture proclaiming salvation comes through Jesus and put Watchtower Bible and Tract Society in it's place. They say the correct words, but practice their own doctrine.

Scary!!!!

gold_morning

• Sam87
    Sam87

yeah that whole ''no answering up = spiritual weakness crap'' i remember having a conversation with one of my mates about girls, we were talking about what we would like in a girlfriend (or something like that) anyway he said he wanted someone that was ''good in the truth'' in reference probablyto someone who answers up and goes out witnessing!

Sam87

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Before I faded, I was counseled for lack of hours in field service. I explained that the desire to go door to door "just wasn't in me anymore". Shortly, one of the parts on the service meeting had an elder reading a verse in which the writer prayed "MAKE me do your will" (apparantly even when the petitioner didn't want to). However I was not disfellowshipped for my "spiritual weakness" It would be interesting to express "lack of faith" as an inability to personally accept one of the WTBTS teachings (without "misleading others") and see what would happen..."Yes Bro. Concerned Elder, I know what the Society teaches us, and of course, I don't want to stumble anyone else, but I went to the museum, read some books, and I simply can't stop thinking that Evolution just makes more sense." (or whatever else might be different from WTBTS doctrine).

• RR
    RR

Lack of hours??? Hah! At the end of the month, I would ask my wife when filling out the report; "Hey hon, how many hours you want for the month?" "How many placements"?

RR

• JH
    JH
    The elders found out............... and disfellowshiped her two weeks AFTER she was ALREADY DEAD!!

Doesn't the bible say, at our death, we paid for our sins?

• Borgia
    Borgia

it does but then again the context shows that Paul applies it to babtism.....

Cheers

Borgia

• Warlock
    Warlock

Lack of faith? Read Luke 7:18,19. How could someone like John the Baptist have doubted Jesus as the Messiah? I guess he would have been disfellowshiped today, for lack of faith, along with a few other Bible characters.

Warlock

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

The bottom line is that they can DF you for just about whatever they want. If they are so minded, all they need is an excuse. Once they get you in front of a JC they just claim you weren't repentant and the show is over...

...a true story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit