JW just gave me a gift for boss' day!

by jstalin 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• jstalin
    jstalin

Is this weird, or what? The JW that works for me just gave me a gift for Boss' Day... albeit a little belated... but I was shocked!

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

I didn't even know there was a boss' day. Well, that's cool. Maybe he doesn't care what the WT says on holidays, or boss' day is not as well known as the major holidays that he figured it'd be no harm.

• carla
    carla

I'd say it sounds more like he covered his butt by giving it late rather than on the actual date. But nice anyway, right? Unless he's just trying to brownnose.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Anyone beheaded on Boss Day? There ya' go!

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

Kissup haha

• RR
    RR

See that's the thing ... it was given to you after the day passed, like earting turkey on Friday instead of Thursday!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Do you feel all puffed up with pride for being put on a pedestal like that?

• Mary
    Mary

Shhheeeeet....there's gotta be some reference to Boss' Day being linked to a pagan practice........According to the WT it was:

"...Wasn't Joseph falsely accused of attempted rape by Potiphar and his wife? According to the scriptures, Joseph actually liked Potiphar his boss and went far above and beyond the call of duty. No doubt Joseph preached to Mr. Potiphar about God's Kingdumb and if he wanted to survive The End, then he had to study two scrolls that Joseph had called Pyramid-tower and Don't Fall Asleep. There is no evidence though that the Potiphurs actually became Believers. How does this fit in with Boss' Day? Well, both Mr. and Mrs. Potiphar were Egyptian, which means they were PAGANS and Potiphar was Joseph's boss. Joseph was thrown into prison on the very first Boss' Day, which indicates it was not approved by Jehovah.

There is no mention in the bible of Jesus commanding his followers to celebrate Boss' Day. Would mature Christians want to stumble others by imitating the pagan practice of the ancient Egyptians? Does not giving your boss a present constitute idol worship? We do not need a special day to show our boss respect. Surely preaching to your boss about how he's going to die at Armageddon if he/she doesn't become a Jehovah's Witness is of far greater worth than some idle gift? We here in Patterson certainly think so.

Of course, the Faithful and Discreet Slave are more than just someone's boss. We're the brethren of Christ and as such, expect you to bow down to us and stay in that position. There is nothing in the bible that says you can't buy the Slave Class a gift. We are particularly fond of Deeds to Homes, Real Estate, your children's inheritence and family heirlooms. Those who have given freely to us have been richly rewarded, as you will be, just as soon as you pony up the dough.

BossDay.gif

• Mulan
    Mulan

I don't recall that JW's make an issue of Boss' day or Secretary's Day. I had friends that worked as secretaries and they always looked forward to the lunch that day, each year.

• freetosee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit