What things about "Apostates" do you feel is "controlling" as WTS?

by booker-t 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ticker
    Ticker

Don't worry cramming my beliefs down your throat is the farthest thing from my agenda. In fact I don't know the way to God any better then you and would never try to influence your decision. Im sure though their are a few fanatics out their who have to be gung-hoe at religion no matter what denomination. Thats the way the world turns im afraid. As far as I can see we really are all guessing at what is right and wrong and no religion, person, or anybody has a real answer. Im kinda in limbo myself and don't know what to believe anymore, but I don't stress about it. Too bad you had a bad experience, next time just tell them to get bent.

Ticker

• freedom96
    freedom96

I am sure there are those who find something new to believe in and want to share it with others....personally however, I have never encountered anyone who is an ex-witness who has tried to get me into any other religion.

• jgnat
    jgnat

How about the exited Witnesses that thinks everyone should be an activist when they left?

Or ridicule those who still accept the bible?

Or lump "Apostates" in a single class, just like the Witnesses lump all "worldlies" together?

Or scream "freedom of expression" when a moderator cuts their access to this board?

booker-t, I think you need to broaden your social network, or take a closer look around. People leave for all sorts of reasons.

Generally, I find that exited JW's are just like you, permanently allergic to any sort of organization attempts. Had enough of that, please.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What makes you think we`re Apostates?..I`m not an Apostate..Niether are most here...OUTLAW

• prodigal68
    prodigal68

One point of clarification. By their definition, anyone who claims the beliefs of the dubs are wrong is an apostate and can be disfellowshipped as such, whether they actively campaign against them or not.

Like all groups of people, ex-jws have all kinds among their number. There are those that carry signs and picket conventions and there are those that are just glad to be out and want to be left alone. Sorry you had a bad experience. But to judge everyone by the standard of the militant is the same as saying all JWs are pioneers.

• Hannah
    Hannah
    By their definition, anyone who claims the beliefs of the dubs are wrong is an apostate and can be disfellowshipped

Can be disfellowsipped? Come on! They will be disfellowshipped. The TRUE meaning of apostate according the JW lingo is anyone who questions anything the WTS says. Apostacy is held over your head like a very dirty word, one that brings feelings of utter filth to a faithful JW. To them, just the thought of looking into the eyes of an "apostate" will cause God, thru his "channel" of course, bring down flashes of lightening and rain frogs, and you'll be struck with leoprosy, etc. You get the idea. Once again it's all a control issue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit