they caught me off guard...

by elliej 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• elliej
    elliej

Okay, I just had a very nice witness lady at my door giving me my own personal copy of a very important message. I had a whole "presentation" memorized to get her to think, but I couldn't do it. She seemed really nice and kind of nervous and I instantly felt sorry for her and took the dang thing.

So here's my question: What is my best bet when she comes back (which I gave her permission to do)? Do I go with the "immoral sex" angle and let her in on how the Society has been fighting in California to protect the pedophiles? Or does that come off as too apostate? Is there a more subtle approach I can take that won't scare her away right off the bat? I was not honest and did not tell her I was formerly known as one of Jehovah's witnesses. I don't want to persecute her, just give her something to mull over. Any advice?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

If you want to talk to her about the california thing.......tell her after she left that you did research on the net and what you found and wanted to ask her about it.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

I think the California thing is pretty much fair game and now with the conviction of Jesus Cano in NY, it is further supported. Seems to be very damning seeing that this brochure is so against behavior like this, and uses it as a sign of a false religion. A tract like the 'false religion' tract makes the organization open for a lot of questions. This is a classic example of the pot calling the kettle black.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

I think the California thing is pretty much fair game and now with the conviction of Jesus Cano in NY, it is further supported. Seems to be very damning seeing that this brochure is so against behavior like this, and uses it as a sign of a false religion. A tract like the 'false religion' tract makes the organization open for a lot of questions. This is a classic example of the pot calling the kettle black.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Time for you to catch her off guard next time by getting her to let it down.

Ask her a few questions to warm her up. Tricky ones, but in a pleasant voice though, like who will be saved and why she thinks only JWs have the truth. Then don't admit to being a JW, but rather say you were doing some research and found on a news site (make sure she can not claim it was an apostate site) about Cano. Depending on how the conversation goes you could then bring up other subjects.

Then again, if she is really sweet and looks like she would fall apart without her religious crutch maybe you could just let her be.

• headmath
    headmath

How about a real masterpeice sure to get the JW to think

http://underbeliever.googlepages.com/Awake2.pdf

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

EllieJ, your avatar reminds me of a picture that I've seen in a medical dictionary of a woman that suffered from hyperthyroidism. The picture was depicting exophthalmos a symptom of Grave's Disease. Are you in the medical profession or know someone with this disorder?

I don't have hyperthyroidism, but I do have hypothyroidism. I had a goiter removed two years ago (long story). . .

just wondering?

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Make it short - less attention needed - less time to 'get away' from it

Try something like:

"What is it that you think you're doing ? - jehovah isn't even God's name - in Hebrew it's the mischief."

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

You could tell her you typed into the google search engine "jehovah's witnesses False Religion" .

Really do it...do it now. There is pages and pages of info.

Doing that is not an apostate thing. It's a 21st century thing.

Then you can pick and choose what to talk to her about after reading a little info. I ask questions..questions that I already know the answer to.

lisa

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

The California thing would be good, because there is no way that she will ever read it in the watchtower, the wts only put their court victories in that. It might openher eyes a little, so it's worth a try.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit