How Much $$$ Did You Contribute To The Organization?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I know of some elders that regularly gave about $500 per month towards the Kingdom Hall and other Watchtower Society interests....And you????

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

Always been a cheapo, now i don't feel guilty about it.

• Zico
    Zico

Usually gave about £10 per month to the 'Worldwide work' and £10 per month to the Cong. and then extra after resolutions and at Assemblies and Conventions. Haven't donated a penny since the Convention in June though! I doubt the Society have noticed, but at the Local Needs last month, the Secretary said the Cong was losing money, and in order to break even, we would only need to donate £1 per publisher per month, so apparently I was covering for 10 cheap publishers!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I didn't donate any money because I felt they were too wasteful in their use of it. Once I bought a couple of brooms for the hall because the brooms they had were crap, but I wasn't prepared to give them cash.

W

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I gave $100 once, but the check never went through my account for some reason. I asked a few months later why it never came out and they said it was deposited. So in their books, I contributed $100, but I never gave them a cent. That was my only real donation, other then the pennies I gave my daughter to put in once in a while.

Kwin

• minimus
    minimus

So far, if we are any indication, our lack of being there has not contributed to their money loss.

• Woofer
    Woofer

I grew up poor so I don't recall us donating very much, although my dad got a severance check from his place of employment because they closed for good and he gave about $7,000 to the Society (nevermind the fact that they could barely put food on the table).

My ex-husband and I were poor young people so we didn't really donate much either.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    So far, if we are any indication, our lack of being there has not contributed to their money loss.

That's probably why little, if any, effort was made by the JWs to keep us. We were not profitable, and they're better off without us. They might try a little harder to keep someone who donated a lot of money. W

• Genesis
    Genesis

More or less 100$ in my whole life ! When I was 13 one day I used the contribution I received from the field service to pay a Pepsi and a bag of chipolays to my study conductor, wasnt it a good use ?

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I never really donated because I allways had this feeling like they where the people that conerted me to this stuff and so it was their responsiblity to 'pay my way' (I was in my teens at the time). If I added it all up it would be well under $60

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit