From 1 to 10, What's the JW morale right now?

by JH 17 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

If you could give a score from 1 to 10, 1 being the lowest, what do you think is the morale of the average witness right now, considering that not much that they predicted happened by now.

I would give them a 4, considering their new tract that came out recently, that might make them more optimistic that the end is closer.

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

The "Oldies" are getting a kick out of it, since it probably reminds them of good old rutherford's days

The "Newbies" hate this tract, and are scared of placing it.

So I'd say it's somewhere in the middle, 4 sounds about right!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings JH,

I wish I knew. They never tell the truth about how things are really going.

Dismembered

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

You can always ask me, DISMEMBERED, although not sure if I count since im on this board

• done4good
    done4good

Overall, I'd say it is probably where it's been at for some time. Apathetic. The few jws that I still keep in any contact with don't even mention the tract.

j

• greendawn
    greendawn

I think since 1995 their morale took a dive since the end was no longer definitely so near. It hit very badly the old timers for whom death now seemed a real possibility. They tried to carry on with the same tune, the end is near after all, but deep down the dubs know the FDS is grossly unreliable in interpreting dates for over 100 years they were getting it wrong. They are probably on 3/10 round of those who see the WTS as a social club and don't give a fig about the end being very near or very far.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

StillGroggy you have a pm

Dismembered

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

When it comes to matters of spirituallity, and the bible I give the jw's a 1, they are brain dead in those areas. Moral? Ill give them a 5.

• chiddy
    chiddy

Although i don't see Dubs much and my family have not spoken to me for over a year, most Dubs on the surface would always portray themselves as being as happy as pigs in poo.

• Zico
    Zico

Morale will often boost till about 7 or 8 straight after an Assembly, Convention, or other special event, but after about a week or 2 this often drops back to a 3 or 4. We've just had the CO Visit, and combined with the campaign, morale is quite high here. I met some JWs yesterday evening and they were eagerly discussing learning other languages to help the immigrants. They're also planning to do some evening Witnessing. I told them I'd get back to them...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit