From 1 to 10, What's the JW morale right now?

by JH 17 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

I think this year has started to drag for them. Things have happened in the past couple of years that would make them really expect the end of the system but as always nothing ever came and with no end in sight, they get this tract which is meant to encourage persecution to 'simulate' the things that should be happening on their own.

I also think that the LACK of persecution and people just throwing the tract away it will be discouraging, since it will show that people dont give a toss.

Then the November KM on about Blood Fractions making it very difficult to just say "i just dont take blood" is causing confusion.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

from what I have seen about a 6

• Moomin
    Moomin

I would say 6 too. Who is that lady in your avatar stilla?

• Tristram
    Tristram

Overall, about a 6, but 8-9 in my hall where everyone is all goo-goo ga-ga over the "campaign." I forgot that I left some visible in my car yesterday and when I went to the car this morning I thought "This guy looks like a real nutjob."

• Warlock
    Warlock

Unless you were actually able to go out and poll every witness, it is impossible to know.

Warlock

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Oh, definitely a solid 10!

Haven't you heard? Jehover's Witnesses are the Happiest People On Earth!

• Warlock
    Warlock
    Haven't you heard? Jehover's Witnesses are the Happiest People On Earth!

That's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the reason I left. I just couldn't handle all the happiness. Thanks Elsewhere.

Warlock

• voltaire
    voltaire

In my experience different dubs are at various stages. Newbies are pumped (8,9), some oldtimers are holding steady(5,6), others are discouraged after years of unfulfilled expectations (2-4). Ocasionally the more established ones are discouraged over slights by other members, some valid and some just petty. These latter hit the 2-4 range prematurely.

As long as the Watchtower can keep large numbers of enthused, animated people coming in, they can keep the oldtimers prone to discouragement bouyed up. My gut feeling is that recent flip-flops, slowing growth and no end in sight is causing an increase in the 2-4 crowd and taking the edge off many 8-9s. I'm sure the overall number is a point or two lower than when I was in (1980s).

Ron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit