Two lesbians say "I do"

by writerpen 18 Replies latest jw friends

• writerpen
    writerpen

I'm always coming back to this site to read everyone's post and only start a thread when I really feel the need. Only you guys would understand the irony of what happened yesterday. My partner and I had a commitment ceremony yesterday. We had been planning it for over a year and had a lot of people in from out of town. We had two Episcopalian priests conducting the service and it was wonderful. The entertainment for the luncheon reception was a lesbian comedian. Okay, this is the irony part: we get home and there is the new "False Religion" tract stuck in the door. One of the priests was with me, who was my wingman on my journey from the dubs, so I turned around and handed it to her, the woman with the collar. While driving her to the airport we talked about that long, tough, emotional journey. How wonderful it was that she was there to bless the lifelong relationship of my partner and me and to stand behind me once again as I maintain my distance from that disheartening denomination!

P.S. Anyone in the Cleveland area? If so, I'd love to meet up and chat.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

They do?

• AnonyMouse
    AnonyMouse

You and I have something in common: We both like lesbians.

Jokes aside, good luck with your partner.

And that irony is truly appreciated. Jehovah messed up on that one, apparently. Another tract gone to waste...

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Congratulations on your union. Wish it could be a legal marriage. Perhaps someday people will realize the love and commitment are every bit as real. Bless you both on your journey together.

Sherry
    (who is also a lesbian)

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

congradulations...to you both.

I thought the tract was to be directly handed to people...not shoved in their doors.

I live south west of you...columbus dayton area.

lisa

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I thought the title was the beginning of a joke. I was waiting for the punchline, and what a GREAT punchline it was - the dubs posted you a false religion tract!

Joking aside, I hope it didnt ruin your special day and that you and your partner have a long and happy marriage.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Wow, CONGRATULATIONS to both of you!!!

I hope you had a wonderful day and that their dumb propaganda didn't throw a little shadow over your mood. If it helps, I don't think any of us here will ever tell the story of their wedding/commitment ceremony that doesn't have a little JW moment somewhere. The point is that you got there! Congratulations and here's to many many happy years...

• Clam
    Clam

Thanks for sharing the news about your commitment ceremony. You're out of the cult and in a loving relationship. What could be better?

Meanwhile some poor sod is posting cheap flyers with cheesy messages no one is interested in.

Have a good life!

• Butters
    Butters

Please describe the honeymoon evening for Butters. Butters wants details of intimacy.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Way to go! Im happy for the both of you!!

Please describe the honeymoon evening for Butters. Butters wants details of intimacy.

Oh lord, lol!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit