Could anyone tell me how exactly Jehovah chose the WT society in 1919?

by Qcmbr 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quandry
    Quandry

Actually, the Society does not claim that the Bible Students were on a parity with other religious groups in 1918 when Jehovah is said to have "judged" Babylon the Great. They were already in the line of "witnesses of Jehovah" supposedly in existence for millennia, made up with anointed 144,000 at the time. Thus, they were already sounding the warning about 1914 in advance unlike all other Christians. (I'm stating their official position, mind you) If you read the Revelation Climax book, you will see that the Society claims that the Bible Students were already the "two witnesses" (= the John class) of Revelation 11:3-4 who "prophesied" for 1,260 days from October 1914 to Spring 1918.

Yes, however, they always used the parable of the "wheat and the weeds" to show that up until the day of inspection all religions were on an equal footing, and at the time of inspection the wheat was revealed.

I used to read the Rev. book and wonder how to answer the questions at the Book study. In fact, I remember going through the book at least two times. I still was confused each time. It was such gobblety gook.

Now it seems they will have to deal with the confusion once again as they re-re study the book. Glad to be left out this time.

• parakeet
    parakeet

"Could anyone tell me how exactly Jehovah chose the WT society in 1919?"

Jehovah closed his eyes and threw a dart.

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

parakeet answered,

Could anyone tell me how exactly Jehovah chose the WT society in 1919?"

Jehovah closed his eyes and threw a dart.

Rather...Jehovah closed his eyes and BLEW a Fart...the brothers caught it.

brzfst

• juni
    juni

OMG!! That was a good one Brnzfst! Now I forgot what I was gonna say......

Jeff T said:

The quote about coal is in the 1974 Yearbook. I will dig it out later (my granddaughter is asleep in the room with my books). This is in fact taken as proof that Jehovah selected them

you're right! I remember that also.

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

They're like the "We Say So Corporation", they are because they say so. I don't think any r&f could give a good answer, and definitely not a scriptural one. Ask for proof and they'll tell you all kinds of things that could apply to anyone.

Peep

• uriah
    uriah

I have had this discussion with a family member. I said, tell me, The supreme soveriegn's chief executive of the universe comes down to Earth to choose a group of people, saying, "You are the ones I choose" and appoints them over everything and tells them to make known all his teachings and about the big 'A' and no-one notices. There is nothing in the press or on the wireless, in fact if you went out into the street and asked someone, at the very time, or the next day if you like no-one would be able to tell you anything about it. It is the same with the 'Seven Trumpets'. I asked her if there was any mention of it anywhere in the world when these took place, anything at all (except what is in the WT). I asked her to go out into the street today and pick anyone she liked (an old person would probably be best) and ask them about the trumpets. I guaranteed her that no-one would know what she was talking about, yet they were going to study the Rev book again and read these things again as truth. I dared her to ask the study conductor if he could explain it and how they were relevant today - for they sure as hell weren't back then..

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

i have never ONCE lost this arguement with one jw. all great posts. basically you can just move everything from 1874-1878 to 1914-1918/19. and you have the doctrine. all build on lies about 1799,1829,1844, 1874- 78 ,81 etc. it's so simple any CON MAN can do it. john

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit