My story

by FreeGirl2006 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Freegirl2006,

(((((HUGS)))!!!! I am so very very sorry for all the heart ache you have been through!!! Please know that you have found a whole support group of new friends here!! We will not judge you, but only LOVE you!! I am so happy you found this site!! You have been through so much, I don't know what to say, but that you are a loved, and I am so gald you are here!

Your friend,

Lady Liberty

• Carmel
    Carmel

It's helpful to share your story with those that will not judge or condemn. You've earned you XJW strips. Wear them with distinction.

Now about that Armegeddon crap....time to get that notion out of your head. Yes, you're eventually going to die. 100% of humans have or will and likely that pattern will continue, but you can study the bible for your self and discredit the silly notions of a book and magazine publishing company masquerading as a relgion..

Welcome!

carmeo

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

You've had some hard knocks, FreeGirl. Thank you for sharing your story. I can empathize with you in part and I've seen it happen to a good friend's daughter, too. Same thing. She was DF'd, too, but worked to make it back in, even though her hubby divorced her. Her story is so much like yours.

I'm really glad you're here now and FREE!

Hugs,

Frannie

• choosing life
    choosing life

You have been through so much suffering. And to never have it be validated must have been mind numbing. If you have found some good friends, that is a blessing. Don't worry what others think about them. You know who has been a true friend to you and who should have been, but wasn't.

Welcome and thanks for being brave enough to share your story. I am so shocked when I hear that the organization puts up with pediphelia. Have you read about the judgement in California that may start to break through their protection ring?

To disfellowship a suicidal person is about as far away from Jesus' teachings of love that one could get. And I know that physical pain is destructive of body and mind. You need to take credit for the inner strength that you have shown to make it through all of these things and basically without the help your family and husband should have given you.

I know the congregation desires to throw away anyone that can't keep in step with what they consider important. I have seen them ignore and throw away many who were ill or just elderly and no longer able to attend meetings. I hope things begin to get better for you now. There are a lot of supportive people here as you can see from the responses you have gotten. Take care of yourself and keep in touch here.

• calico
    calico

(((((Welcome)))))

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

Thank you one & all for welcoming me. I have been given more warm fuzzies here then I ever did from my supposed "family" at the Hall. I am glad I found this place yesterday.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    These jerks df'd me in May despite the fact that I was 1) repentant and 2) rectified my mistake 100% 3) was still suicidal. They disfellowshipped me because I would not meet with them. You have to love the new announcements where they make it sound like the person left because he wanted to. My family dropped me like a hotcake. They knew the full story and still they abandoned me. I left the jerky hubby and that religion for good. This is a religion that prides itself on true brotherly love, but only when it is convenient and beneficial for the select few in the organization.

u r not alone

so welcome ...and may you continue to recover

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Wow, that was some story FreeGirl.

Welcome to the forum.

.....And welcome to the rest of your life with your new-found freedom.

Cheers

Chris

• delilah
    delilah

Freegirl............I'm so sorry you had such a horrible, traumatic life experience. As you will find, there are many of us here who have somewhat similar stories, and we will not judge you. EVER! You are amongst friends here.It might take you awhile to get over the fears, that the WT has imbedded into your brain such as,the great fear of dying at Armaggeddon. It took me a few years, and now, after being out for over 8 years, I'm no longer afraid. I no longer have that guilt, either....they use that too.

Losing your family members is a hard thing to work through, but eventually it becomes easier, and sometimes, some family members do come around. Hold your head up, and know that we have your back, here.

The witnesses use FEAR to control the congregations. FEAR of dying at armaggeddon, FEAR of losing all your family, FEAR of losing your friends....on and on...Eventually, that fear does go away when you realize that the "truth" is NOT, the truth..Hugs to you...your healing begins here.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

welcome to the forum... what a story!

i too was told in so many words that i didnt do enough to be loved by the congregation.. any problems i had i was told to DO MORE ..

i did till i could do no more and it still wasn't enough. i too am much happier now that i'm out . good luck to you and i hope your new friends nurture you and help you! you're worth it! hugs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit