The Human Race

by Butters 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    No ..Nope... I tried that the other day at the zoo. All I got was a really bad smell from them. They seemed reluctant to speak about any of this.

Did they fling poo at you?

• Butters
    Butters

No not the monkeys, but there were some teenagers near the exit that were taking handfuls of it and flinging it at some younger kids in the line for the aquatic animal show.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    No not the monkeys, but there were some teenagers near the exit that were taking handfuls of it and flinging it at some younger kids in the line for the aquatic animal show.

Aw, MAN!

Monkeys: 1

Human Race: 0

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yup, most of us are messed up. However, as to humans having desires and stuff that aren't found in the animal kingdom, could you name a few? You see, it's my theory that we are animals, hunter gatherer animals if we were in our natural state. It was our development of civilisation, especially in the cities that forced us to quell most of out animal natures. That suppression is a huge factor in causing us to be messed up.

S

• Butters
    Butters

Well, I was actually looking at it from a different perspecitve I suppose. I was thinking of how animals don't have a verbally structured language like us that continually progresses into more words then George Carlin can insult. We also have decided to make pants and shirts and fruit of the loom underpants. We got real dressy along the way somewhere, as opposed to just hacking a buffalo's skin off and wrapping it around our genitles. Then there's this whole technology barrier. I don't know many porcupines that have a PC. I don't know many horses that use cell phones either. Most of them just produce horse-apples and graze and hope their back pain eases up because Sammy Steakeater has been riding him to the local saloon all week long.

I suppose I am basically saying that animals can do with just the basics on earth, while we feel that we must "expand our minds" while creating more and more greenhouse gas effects and become more attached to things. The desire I currently am working on is losing this stupid "attachment" emotion. I am not saying I want to become Mr. Spock or anything, but it would be nice to be less emotional about the loss of life. It should really be natural to us, yet we continue to pamper our young and treat them like little treasures instead of the little shits they really are...

• Satanus
    Satanus

I see what you mean; the sophistication of our lives is an order of magnatude beyond that of any animal. However, i was looking at singular characteristics that we have, which some animal or another might also have, although not to the same level of development. You mentioned a few:

verbally structured language like us that continually progresses

Some archaic languages have been claimed to be more complex than ours. Maybe it is more of a case of changes and adaptations to suit the people and their environment. At any rate, the various animal species also have language, some more developed than others.

make pants and shirts and fruit of the loom underpants. We got real dressy

True enough. Would the little crab that finds an empty shell to carry around and live in count as clothing? What about some colorful birds that display their plumage for the opposite sex?

technology barrier. I don't know many porcupines that have a PC. I don't know many horses that use cell phones

Our tech is beyond theirs. However, some animals do similar things, somehow. Just a couple of examples: elephants communicate up to six miles w infrasonics. Then there's that fish that shoots water at preay sitting on branches above the water. The volume of water it shoots is somehow calculated according to the total volume of the body of the prey, in order to be enough to knock it off the branch.

become more attached to things.

Many animals are territorial. Many animals mate for life, and some appear to mourn for their dead. While many animals seem to accept death when it seems inevitable, they still put a lot of effort into avoiding being eaten.

pamper our young and treat them like little treasures

Sorry, most animals do this too. Big momma crocs pick up their hatchings in the gaping maws and carry them to the water.

Ok, life can be a drudgery. Checking out ahead of schedule is frowned on, for some reason. You could always plan to get revenge on your kids when you are old and they have to take care of you, that is, if they don't check you into a home w bars on the windows.

S

• Butters
    Butters

LOL! You are "es smarty pants"... I am watching an Adam Sandler movie right now, and have no idea what it's called I think Deeds or something, but John Turturro has a funny part in this... "I like-a dee feet"... Seriously good points though Satanas... cool.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Have you read charriots of the Gods?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit