Did the Watchtower Organization make you "Cry" at a time or another?

by JH 20 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Let it be the elders during a Judicial Meeting or just the way you were treated by your fellow brothers and sisters, did the emotions of being reprehended or deceived make you cry?

• JH
    JH

I remember about 10 years ago, 2 elders wanted to talk to me and I refused, so finally I agreed to meet with one elder at his home. We talked about many things. Often I brought back the fact that I felt no love and help in the congregation. I was very deceived with the whole congregation. While talking to him, I became emotional and cried. The elder could tell that I was honest with my feelings. He could feel my pain. Still nothing changed after that.

From that point, they couldn't hurt me anymore.

Never again did I shed a tear or any emotion for them.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I cxried when I found out how I'd been duped into becoming a jw, that's for sure. It was such a disappointment, after all those years of working towards this wonderful future thet promised, and all of a sudden it wasn't going to happen.

I never had too many problems with the elders during my time as a committed jw, apart from when I had to quit pioneering through ill - health, and they tried to pressure me into going back on. Their lack of understanding upset me a bit then.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Yes. They stole my candy.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Are you kidding?

I think I cried every day from the time I was 12 till I left when I was 17. Out of frustration, accusations, and always being left out of the supposed "in" crowd in the KH.

When I was DF'd the utter hopelessness I felt as a teenager,... I cried when my best friend was caught saying hello to me at the hall while I was Df'd and she was firmly told I was "Filth to the congregation and she had better not do it again", ....there were many tears after the DFing was reversed out of angst and the needless pain.

There were bitter tears because I could not leave the house after returning home from school, so I was not allowed outside association of any kind, but also had none in the hall.

I cried until I had no more tears.

r.

• Butters
    Butters

Nope. I actually made them mad! The one time I was reprimanded for anything was when I was told my conversation with one of the other younger sisters was inappropriate. (I was 20 at the time I think and she was 17 or 18). I was told that I was being "flirtatious". I was about to tell them to float their boat then, but waited patiently for the time to make a clean break.

alt

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Yes, they made me cry......more than once or twice.

When I saw them shun the active and sometimes inactive due to health.......the elderly and mentally handicapped....

When I watched them DA or DF those who had no ability to defend themselves.....

When I watched them publicly humiliate and scathingly ridicule those who were being reproved or DF'd.......

When I watched them deny baptism to people who were said to be "unqualified" for baptism.....whereas the same elders' children were hooligans in the public school system.....

When I watched everyone in the KH meeting for field service just take off like ruptured ducks out of the parking lot and leave a few stranded and not so well-thought-of (financially and transportationally handicapped) people alone in the parking lot without a ride......

When they sent spies (people who ADMITTED what they'd been sent to us to do) to check into our personal affairs and shmooz up to us and pretend to be our friends, so they could find something against us to hold a JC to oust us......

Yes, I was labelled a "troublemaker".......translation: Someone who writes to the Gov. Body and reports the vitriolic and malicious and scandalous behavior of those in congregational authority who are SUPPOSED to be "shadowy crags"....shepherds of the flock....pffffttt!

And when I forced them to DF me for alleged apostasy by writing the GB and explaining to them why they were scripturally unfit to be their God's organization (extreme lack of love, unscriptural practices and teachings), I freed myself to finally discover that they're not ANYTHING they profess to be.

They're totally hypocrites. I'm so glad I'm not one anymore.

Frannie

• esw1966
    esw1966

No, they always made me feel guilty, ashamed, and worthless.

• NotBlind
    NotBlind

Yes, the organization definitely has made me cry...

It made me cry when a close friend was disfellowshipped for smoking a cigarette, although the Bible is essentially silent on this issue.

It made me cry when the new circuit overseer told me I had no business reading at the book study, as I was pursuing an 'advanced education'.

It made my cry when I learned that I had been deceived into thinking 607 B.C.E. was a historically accurate date, when, in fact, it was not.

Maybe I'm more emotional than I should be, but this organization has made me cry more than a few times.

NotBlind

• Annie Over
    Annie Over

They're totally hypocrites. I'm so glad I'm not one anymore.

Frannie

Gheesh Frannie,

We must have been in the same congragation Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit