Can Someone Explain Horror Movies?

by onesong 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Butters
    Butters

Who took away my post of Butters dressed up like a little teddy bear???

• onesong
    onesong

I don't know Butters but I like it...You bastards!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Onesong, I hate to look at sad movies. Those movies really break my heart. I, also, hate to look at movies about racism (totally scares the hell out me or makes me very angry).

Bryan's Song

Love Story

Forrest Gump

Mississipi Burning (I can't list very many because I rarely watch them.)

Legends of the Fall

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

It may come under the same category as "rubber-necking" at traffic accidents. It's interesting, especially if it hasn't happened to the "rubber-necker." As an aside, I don't feel the need to "rubber-neck" at traffic accidents.

While I have no interest in the ones that do an overkill in blood/gore/screams, I LOVE movies that are full of suspenseful horror.....like "Intensity." Besides, where else can I sit and make "buttonholes" in the chair in which I'm seated and not worry about personal harm.

Frannie

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Frannie, Intensity was a jaw-clencher. OOooH, I wanted to kill that man myself! That guy really seemed like a serial killer!

• free2beme
    free2beme

Sometimes, what can I saw, I am just in the mood for a horror movie.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Horror movies never bother me..Never..Until I saw "Hostel"..Now,thats a friggin freaky movie!!...OUTLAW

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Intensity was a jaw-clencher. OOooH, I wanted to kill that man myself! That guy really seemed like a serial killer!

MsMcDucket, me, too! What's so weird is that the same guy that played as the psycho in "Intensity," stars as a dr "Scrubs" I think. It's so strange seeing him do comedy!

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

I like horror movies, especially the older ones like the Hammer series. I guess they'd be considered campy by today's audiences. But what I do not like are slasher movies. Films that rely on blood and severed limbs rather than tension, suspence, and surprise.

• Mary
    Mary

My older sister watched horror movies whereas I always steered clear. When we were young, she used to get me up at night to watch Night Gallery. Scared the shit out of me. Then she got me to go see Burnt Offerings when I was about 12 or 13 years old, which terrified me for years afterwards. Part of it was probably my Dub upbringing which gives you an unhealthy fear of demunz, but I was just never interested in that crap---I don't find it entertaining at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit