How will JW's and the Society deal with the upcoming 'Centennial Season'?

by nicolaou 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Okay so we're still a good seven years away but before they know it the Watchtower will have to deal with all those centennials, the 100 year anniversaries they hoped and prayed would never come around.

How do you suppose they'll handle it? How should we handle it? What on earth are any long time dubs going to be thinking?

Interesting times ahead I think.

1914 - 100 years Jesus became King

1916 - 100 years since Russell died

1918 - 100 years since Rutherford and Co were released

1919 - 100 years since, well all those 1919 things . .

Even the 2020's will have their share of 'trumpet blasts' and significant 'Cedar Point' type dates. Oh god I'm laughing already!

• TD
    TD
    Even the 2020's will have their share of 'trumpet blasts' and significant 'Cedar Point' type dates. Oh god I'm laughing already!

Laughing with you, Nic....

The JW's have already "burned up" practically the entire prophet content of the Bible making it relevant to the early 20th century. There's very little left to apply to more recent times.

One of the (many) reasons I believe the movment is stagnating is because that sense of immediacy and excitement is gone. Everything (e.g. Trumpet blasts; seals being opened, etc.) has been "fulfilled" and they are stuck in sort of a "prophetic limbo" waiting and waiting and waiting

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Jesus enthroned as king in 1914!!! What has he accomplished during the first 10% of his millennial reign?

W

• Zico
    Zico

They'll deal with it like they deal with every other problem they have... they'll ignore it!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

nicolaou:

Perhaps they feel that they still have until 2034 to get it right! http://www.jwfiles.com/2034.htm

Is the Watchtower Predicting The
    End By 2034 Through Subtle Hints?
    The Watchtower, December 15, 2003, Pages 14 - 19

Please be patient while the web page loads page scans of the Watchtower article

Noah preached 120 years until the time of the flood, which was the time of the end to Noah and his generation . The December 15, 2003 Watchtower article is paralleling Noah's day to our present day. The Society is adding a 120 years to the 1914 date to come up with the hinted date of 2034.

Words such as "Similar, Similarly, Similarity, Similarities, Parallel, Corresponds, Characteristic, Compare, Arklike and more are all through the article to back up their subtle and hinted claims.

Page 15, Paragraph 6 "In Noah's day, Jehovah declared: 'My spirit shall not act toward man indefinitely in that he is also flesh. Accordingly his days shall amount to a hundred and twenty years.' (Genesis 6:3) The issuance of this divine decree in 2490 B.C.E. marked the beginning of the end for that ungodly world. Just think what that meant for those then living! Only 120 years more and Jehovah would bring 'the deluge of waters upon the earth to bring to ruin all flesh in which the force of life is active from under the heavens.' - Genesis 6:17"

Page 15, Paragraph 7 "Noah received the warning of the upcoming catastrophe decades in advance and he wisely used the time to prepare for survival.' After being given divine warning of things not yet beheld,' says the apostle Paul, '[Noah] showed godly fear and constructed an ark for the saving of his household.' (Hebrews 11:7) What about us? Some 90 years have passed since the last days of this system of things began in 1914. We are certainly in 'the time of the end.' (Daniel 12:4) How should we respond to warnings we have been given? 'He that does the will of God remains forever,' states the Bible. (1 John 2:17) Now is therefore the time to do Jehovah's will with a keen sense of urgency."

Page 15, Paragraph 9 "Jehovah has kept these warnings in front of his people by means of timely reminders through the spiritual food provided by 'the faithful and discreet slave'"....

Yellow Highlighting is Ours

The blue underling in the article is of importance.
    The red underlining is of utmost importance!

Cheers! Atlantis-
  • AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

This advance text, intercepted just today, might explain how they will get around the matter. Intended to be included in a book scheduled for release in 2008, titled Escape With Your Life - to the Side of the Rightful King

A Scriptural Riddle - It's Meaning in the Day of Jehovah

And the word of Jehovah continued to occur to me, saying:..."And there came to be another great eagle, having great wings, and having large pinions, and, look! this very vine stretched its roots hungrily toward him...in order to produce boughs and to bear fruit, to become a majestic vine.

Ezekiel 17:1-3,8

13 Similar to the days of Ezekiel, there was great agitation among true servants of the Most High, as to when this longed for salvation, out of the hand of the Nations who taunted them round about, would finally arrive. As we have seen, the majestic 'eagle', in the person of no other than the King of Eternity, Jesus, turned his attention to this matter in the year 1919, just a few years past his 'majestic' crowning in heavenly glory in the presence of Jehovah the Most High. Invisibly, he began to set matters in motion for the eventual destruction of the ursurping king of 'Egypt' and his political and religious paramours in those days. The white horse of righteousness was prepared as a steed for the battle, and the 'long sword of justice' protruded from the Great King's mouth even then. But, some have today, approaching 100 years now since that profound day of Inaugaration in heaven, wondered similarly, when this final deliverance is due to finally arrive, complete with 'it's release of the captives'? Could it be that Jehovah's annointed slave on earth had made a dreadful mistake in the days when they began to understand these momentous prophecies and their fulfillment to the glory of God and man? We think not! Never has Jehovah mislead his people in such a way as that. Reflection on the days of Noah, Jeremiah, and John the Baptizer, make it clear that God has always aided his name people to understand, far in advance the meaning of the events on the earth as regards His people. It is no different today.

14 It has become increasingly clear, to those who carefully study the meaning of Biblical Prophecy, that 1919 was indeed a date of significance. Just not the significance we expected. Prophecy is best understood after it is fullfilled. This one is no different. The inauguration of Christ in 1919 was, in the eyes of the Eternal God and His Annointed King, but just moments ago. Remember that in their eyes a thousand years is 'as a day', so a mere 100 years is like a few passing hours as the Bridegroom prepared himself to take the Bride and begin ruling. In ancient days, inaugural preperations may have taken weeks or years, before the King is actually presented to the populace. It is similar with the Great Heavenly Inauguration. We believe that the anniversaries of those momentous years - 1914, 1919, 1931, 1935 will bring with them immeasurable blessings, and perhaps the actual ushering in of the transformation that all await eagerly.

15 But what of all the 'millions now living who will never die', and similar comments attributed to the early years of the earthly administration of the King's affairs? How do we explain all that, some may ask? While it cannot be denied, that some things were said by those claiming to represent the King, those things have over the years taken on far more intensity than originally intended. Satan has 'inflamed' his cohorts, many of who used to be among us 'but left for they were not of our sort', to engage in activities that have made these comments to be more than they ever were in reality. These apostates have become like the first eagle in the riddle; prideful, seekers of their own glory, and actively opposing that which they once knew to be 'truth'. While we are saddened by this fact, we also know that we must press on, leaving those who would discredit Jehovah and His Son, behind us, saying in effect 'Get behind me Satan'.

Jeff [of the tongue in cheek, but it really could happen like this, class]

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Good stuff Jeff! And as you say, it's depressingly close to what we'll be reading in the next few years.

Barf buckets on standby . .

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Jeff,

You are disturbingly good at writing this crap.

CYP

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Good stuff Jeff! And as you say, it's depressingly close to what we'll be reading in the next few years.

Barf buckets on standby . .

Nicolaou - yes I fear so. They must do something to combat the obligatory 'How can it be 100 years now, and it ain't here" talk.

Jeff,

You are disturbingly good at writing this crap.

CYP

CYP - Unfortunately I spent many decades ingesting this crap - so this is just regurgitation. That's why we need Nic's barf bags at ready. Jeff

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Good stuff Jeff, you could be on the writing committee.

This excerpt from the Dec 15th 2003 watchtower caused a flutter of excitement at our kh at the time we went through it:

Some 90 years have passed since the last days of this system of things began in 1914. We are certainly in 'the time of the end.

Tying it in with 120 years of the days of Noah, more than a few came to the conclusion that 2034 might well be the final wind - up for this system. I wasn't as excited as some, but I admit it crossed my mind, and I suspect that's exactly what the gb want. No date is given, and everything is deniable, but it's a clear hint just the same. It might be a little ploy to take the pressure off when 2014 etc rolls around.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit