How will JW's and the Society deal with the upcoming 'Centennial Season'?

by nicolaou 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    It might be a little ploy to take the pressure off when 2014 etc rolls around.

It won't work, 1914 is too concrete to be overlooked in favour of some vague hint at a future date 20 years further down the line. The Society is in trouble.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

They will do the same as they have done with all dated: they tie it to other dates. Who of todays JW know about 1975, about 1874, 1878, 1910, 1918, 1920, 1925 and so on. They also used the League of Nations twice in connection with the beast that came out of the abyss: today it went into the abyss and the UN came out. There was a time, when the League of Nations came out of the abyss as successor of the Hague Court. There will be no centennials of teachings because they change more frequently. Nobody knows, nobody cares. New dates, here we go.

• hambeak
    hambeak

Seems to me setting dates is the same as sorcery, fortune telling, etc. The Bible condemns all of that I think they need to quit trying to scare people as I believe all religions do. As Rutherford said religion is a snare and a racket.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Countdown - the Nov. 2005 KM on page 1, para. 8, "Ninety-two years have passed since the start of 'the Lord's day' in 1914." Earth-shattering events foretold in the book of Revelation lie just ahead. The study of the Revelation Climax book will refresh our heart and mind and strengthen our faith that 'the war of the great day of God the Almight' and the new world are near." That leaves about 28 years. Hard to prove them wrong. It's still coming!

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Jesus enthroned as king in 1914!!! What has he accomplished during the first 10% of his millennial reign?

FF,

Excellent point never thought of this.

This would be a good apostate talking point to the hardcore JWs.

He has 900 years left whats he waitin for ? There is so much to do and he's lally gaging around.

Theres the resurection and then the teaching of them, and the tranforming earth into paradise oh and the burying of billions of people and ect........

Any other king or president that got off to such a slow start would be fired.

• Honesty
    Honesty

They'll deal with with it in a very effective manner by rewriting everything as "Current Light" and "newly revealed understanding that Jehovah has 'FLASHED UP.'

• Honesty
    Honesty

How long did you spend in the Writing department at Bethel, Jeff?

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

my only question is how will they explain when all those that witnessed christ being enthroned are dead??? the 1914 class, even those born in 1914 would be 100 years old.... do dubs last that long????? i dont think so.... must be all the stress and gossiping they do.

--the infamous one

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I thought some of the newbies might enjoy Jeffs write-up

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

"cedar point (ohio)"

rofl. i don't know how often i heard and read that, even from the platform, and i still haven't checked on a map where that is...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit