Help me corner them!

by Sam87 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Sam87
    Sam87

thanks everyone! thats a big help, i know im pretty much wasting my time because they have already 'disowned' me so to speak, but i will be sending them all a letter on why i have left the org, and hopefully that will open their eyes to the real truth, thank you all once again:)

Sam87

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Garybuss offers good advice.

Cat on the roof, the doctrine doesn't teach that there will be no meat-eating in paradise. Individuals just
    figure that if Bambi will just walk up to you, how can you put her on your plate?

Otherwise, I fully agree with your logic. JW's will shut out your logic, though. Their minds are programmed to
    return to mantra when confronted with logic conflicts. "The light is getting brighter and brighter- I will
    understand better in the future." "Satan keeps transforming himself into an angel of light- beware what his
    apostate agents say, don't engage in these debate." There are others.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

http://members.aol.com/Beyondjw/da.htm is a sample DA letter.

http://members.aol.com/beyondjw/waloda.htm is one example of instructions on how to write a DA letter.

Lurk around here, read more about the issues and doctrines. I also recommend the links within
    freeminds.org and reexamine.org.

• CatOnARoof
    CatOnARoof

Thank you Clam. That's a very good site. I might try it on JW next time they drop by. They seem to be under the impression that everyone needs to be saved. I didnt even know I was lost! Maybe thats one of the symptoms! ( the devil got to her!) Oh my!

• CatOnARoof
    CatOnARoof

>>>>For the cat on the roof (forgive the pun) the reason JW's seem to have all the answersis because they ask loaded questions. If I came to you and asked what you thought of the cessna airplane chances are you know nothing about them. Guess what I'm an aerospace technician and I work on them daily, so when I start answering the questions I just posed to you I come off looking like a genius. Thats the bait they trap you with. They approach you with preloaded question's and then give you there interpretations<<<<

That's exactly how I feel, but religion is not science, or technology. There's no need for facts when it's all based on belief. Its impossible to prove anyone's religious idea right or wrong. And yet somehow it always seems that other ppl's interpretations of the Bible or our definition of God is wrong, simply because THEY have to be right. Its an evil circle... you're wrong because I'm right because you're wrong because I'm right.... I tried discussing Koran and Bhagavad Gita with two very nice ladies who visited. Man was I wrong! They completely dismissed it as fairytales and false religion (while smiling politely).

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

At my lowest points when I've doubted my own faith it was not due to doctrinal discussion or pointing out failings in the LDS faith. Those things only would work on one seeking reasons to not believe. To one inculcated in a way of life as all embracing as the JWs, or my church, an attack on the faith is a call to arms and there are plenty of mental defense mechanisms that kick in. No for me the kick in the stomach that sends(sent?) me searching is when a friend leaves - then its personal, then its part of me that is being spiritually removed and I have to find the answers. If your friends really cared about you on a personal level your leaving the faith is the biggest mental can opener there is. If you fall into the role of apostate and assault the faith however, you run the risk of sealing pandora's box rather than encouraging it.

• CatOnARoof
    CatOnARoof

<<<<
    figure that if Bambi will just walk up to you, how can you put her on your plate?

Otherwise, I fully agree with your logic. JW's will shut out your logic, though. Their minds are programmed to
    return to mantra when confronted with logic conflicts. "The light is getting brighter and brighter- I will
    understand better in the future." "Satan keeps transforming himself into an angel of light- beware what his
    apostate agents say, don't engage in these debate." There are others.>>>>>>

OnTheWayOut, actually the J.W.'s that visited me seemed quite sure that people will be vegetarians in paradise. Now don't tell me they're preaching different theologies in different countries!?! They even quoted the Bible to support that idea. (something about wild beasts being harmless, and lamb no longer afraid of the wolf... tigres or lions eating grass... I KNOW I'm qutiong this all wrong, but I'm too lazy to find those verses)...

Basically, what they said was that people and animals will be vegetarians because "death will be no more". Which makes sense... (since meat is dead animal...) .... But how is it possible to support that idea while chewing on a big steak? That was my point. What about "practice what you preach" ? Why bother doing anything right in this life if the ideals from the Bible are saved strictly for paradise? (because some seem to be).

Yes, I know they'll have some great answer for this and I'll just sit there clueless... Oh well... I can't resist. ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit