Thank you jwn

by moley 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• moley
    moley

It was recently that I found out that my dad was a paedophile while reading a post on this site (shocker to say the least), but out of something so awful a good thing has occurred.

Some on here will know my backstory about how my loving JW parents disowned, but I digress.

Thanks to that post I am now in contact with my sister who unbeknown to me is a member of this site and saw my response on the thread about my dad. After all these years with no family contact my sister reached out to me. She had been lied to by my parents about me, but now we are putting the past behind us and are working on repairing our relationship and hopefully creating a family bond.

Out of something so disgusting a small glimmer of hope and thanks to JWN I now have my sister back.

• suavojr
    suavojr

wow Moley glad to hear you are doing better now. I don't know your backstory but thanks for being here and sharing. The internet is a wonderful too when we use it the right way

• KateWild
    KateWild

It's nice to hear you are reunited with your sister. I don't know the backstory. Perhaps you can put up a link.

Kate xx

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Great news!

Hope it brings a little bit of joy into both of your lives.

Doc

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    It is awesome you have been in contact with your sister. You both have had major trauma in your lives. I wish you both all the love you deserve. You've earned it!
  • Simon
    Simon

Wow, great story - glad you've had a bright spot out of what must be a very painful and difficult circumstance.

Thanks for letting us know.

• suavojr
    suavojr

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/253303/being-jw-almost-killed

I just read your first post and welcome. I personally loved this particular statement, "I now have real friends, those that wont go if we dont agree and i am HAPPY something i never felt in the borg."

You can have an instant friends club when you join the JW's, but having true friends who stay even if you don't agree on everything is simply priceless.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I went back and read your story....Wow. So happy you finally got some help and your life back.

Can you tell us how contact was made with your sister (who posts on this site) and how that is going.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    The internet has utterly shattered the allegation that leaving "The Truth" would make you alone and miserable for the rest of your life.
  • under the radar
    under the radar

If it's not too personal and painful, would you consider posting a link to the thread that led to your discovery about your dad? It may be that others here have things to say that might comfort you.

You are very brave to share so much of your story here. My hat's off to you. You've been through so much.

Please keep visiting and posting. Your openness and writing talents bring another valuable voice to this site. It's so good to have a place where you know there are others who understand "where you're coming from" and where you're free to say whatever you have to say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit