"I Felt Really Betrayed When I Found Out it Was all a Lie."

by scout575 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

I felt relieved when I found out it wasn't the truth. I left many years before I found out the truth about the "truth". I just didn't care if it was or wasn't the truth, I wanted to live my life so I could enjoy it without all the control and work assigned to me by the borg. CofC freed me of all my connections mentally with the JW lies.

Ken P.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It depends what they mean by Christianity if they include the JWs and the numerous other irresponsible cults under the term Christianity then I can understand their anger. On the other hand mainstream Christian religions do not intrude into their members lives in a destructive way.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I felt relief. In the rational light of day, everything makes sense. I looked for objective proof for religious claims made and I couldn't find any. I like the rational world. It's understandable, it's believable, it manageable, it's comfortable for me.

Religious superstition doesn't play a part in my auto maintenance, my medical treatment, or my planning for retirement.

Objective reality works for me. Some of my friends are theists, and some are skeptics, some deists, some are agnostic, and some are atheist. I'm fine will them all. I insist my medical doctor be a pragmatic realist. I never want to see my doctor down on his knees in prayer in a corner of his office after he visits me in his treatment room. Never!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    When you spend your whole life (50+ years) believing wholeheartedly you have the one and only "truth", it's a shock to the system for sure to learn you've believed a lie.

50 years! Wow!

I also felt betrayed when I began t realize all the lies and dishonesty of the men who run the WTS.

At first I couldn't decide who I was most betrayed by: the WTS for deliberately misleading me or myself for being so gullible! It was all very painful and extremely difficult to face up to in the beginning of my journey out.

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit