Does It Bother You That Some Posters Give Misinformation???

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I don't like the fact that at times, false information is disseminated here. Where's the "Big Announcement in October"??? Or we hear that the blood issue will be changed or that something BIG is going to be happening at the next assembly. And then of course, we have certain posters that leave a trail of lies and stories that are soooo suspect, an idiot could see through all the nonsense---- you know the types that are always looking for help and advice and suddenly vanish off the face of the earth after they're done having their fun.

• blondie
    blondie

People sometimes pass on info thinking it is credible. Not much different than at work hearing something...important to check it out before acting on it.

Blondie

• Butters
    Butters

I Agree. Sounds like the Kingdom Hall all over again. Forgive them though. And remember, many of them might still be dealing with all sorts of other problems.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You have to understand. The Faithful and Discreet Slave is so anxious to see the end of this system of things that they look for ways that we can focus on it, expect it, keep our eyes on the prize. Sometimes, they release information which causes us to speculate before the full understanding is unveiled, causing readers to run ahead of the information with, later unrealized, hopes.

The posters at JWD, in similar fashion, know that the above statement (or very similar ones actually in print) is crap. They are so anxious to expose the Governing Body (not the FDS, as they are powerless) that sometimes they run ahead of their own information or rumors with high expectations. You cannot really hold it against them, because the WTS taught them to be that way.

YES, I wish people would slow down before telling us more EXCITING news. The GB does that and it is always the same old nonsense.
    We really don't want to do the same.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

it doesnt bother me because there are so many non idiot members here who catch the misinformation pretty quickly and let us know what is or isnt baloney.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

One person's "big deal" is another person's big yawn. Any big announcement from the watchtower pales in comparison to the news that I just lost 5 pounds.

W

• Butters
    Butters

I like that irony! Big deal, big yawn...Good point!!! I guess there are some masochists here after all!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Finally Free,

you are promoting TRUE information, aren't you?

If so, I share your joy.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Finally Free,

you are promoting TRUE information, aren't you?

If so, I share your joy.

Yes, it's true! But, following the tradition taught to me by the watchtower, there will be no announcement when (not if) I gain it back. W

• Clam
    Clam

I think it's inevitable that some posters are going to get things wrong, but posters are similar to media. Some newspapers and TV stations you know you can trust, others you can't. I sit up and take notice of some, and either ignore others or take their info with a pinch of sodium chloride.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit