Does It Bother You That Some Posters Give Misinformation???

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

I said eventually, greendawn. There's such a thing as "limitation of actions". If the WTBTS quietly disposes of their most restrictive policies in the next few years, and prays like the Dickens that the medical community comes up with bloodless alternatives (fewer JW deaths), the WTBTS may (legally) avoid a flurry of lawsuits.

Personally, I don't see how they can morally live with the duplicity of holidng on to a doctrine, knowing it is wrong, just to avoid responsibility.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I can see your point they could be waiting for a good non toxic blood substitute but that will be way in the future one that can carry oxygen like real blood (red blood cells) does, or at least in a subtantial way. On the other hand financial considerations are very powerful with an org like the WTS and also their image will be greatly damaged with the general public, this is not like changing the meaning of the (so called) 1914 generation.

• hambeak
    hambeak

I think like a lot of things people hear something and pass it on and in the course confabulation gets involved and next thing you know it is blown out of proportion. ie the wts for years has always really had the same message just different ways of saying it. that is my opinion anyway. Just don't take anything too seriously or you can go CRAZY!

• juni
    juni

I think you made a very valid statement hambeak.

Juni

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Well, my goodness, Minimus... people just love gossip, by nature and love to be the first to know the news. That's Stilla good thread, right?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I am not from the Scottish Islands minimus -sorry for the false information. Nor am I as good looking as my avatar

• searcher
    searcher

As with all things, Caveat Emptor.

• Quentin
    Quentin

So what, who cares, big deal...we get hammered with misinformation from all points of the compass every day we draw breath. Besides, it balances out. For every one person putting out misinformation there are two straightening it out.

• minimus
    minimus

Stilla, that's not you????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit