Whatever Happened To THIS Belief?

by Sunspot 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

We are still patiently waiting for the watchtower to create a new definition for the word "instantly", just as they've done with the word "generation". Then they have to come up with major and minor fulfillments of this text, as well as typical and antitypical meanings for it. Then they need to figure out who, precisely, is saying "peace and security". Is it the "king of the north"? South? Both?

This could take a very long time.

LOL'ed on that one, Finally Free. That's what they do to every simple prophecy: add so many layers of nonsense around it that the original meaning is lost in a glaze of Borgspeak and changed premises.

That's the trouble with that darned Bible. Too simple. Gotta add some layers to it--yeah, that's what the writers wanted!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Good point Perry.

The WTS have a range of contradictory doctrine, and draw on whichever suits the current climate, or topic at hand. Similar ones are;

• The great growth proves God is 'speeding up the work' shortly before the end.
    • The decline proves the sheep like have all be found, 'the love of the greater number is cooling off', the end must be near

• Christians believe false doctrine because Satan blinds the minds of unbelievers
    • We have the truth because Jehovah reveals the truth to us

• Christians are persecuted because they deserve it.
    • JWs are persecuted because it proves they are Gods people

• Early Christians did miracles proving they were blesses with the Holy Spirit
    • Modern day false Christians that do miracles are either lying, or using the power of Satan
  • blondie
    blondie

I will point out that I have never found an official application in the WT publications of Matthew 24:12 to the cooling off of JWs, only other religions or people.

I do know that individual JWs and sometimes from the platform you will hear applied to the WTS, but never in the publications.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit